SA builds wealth on industrial relations
- Perceptions, Practices and Adaptations: Understanding Chinese-African Interactions in Africa. GIESE, Karsten // Journal of Current Chinese Affairs;2014, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including Chinese businessmen's competition with local importers, the integration of Chinese businesses into African economic and social contexts, and Chinese-African labour relations.
- Working together is the best way to stay competitive. BOURQUE, RON // New Hampshire Business Review;8/12/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 17, p20
The article presents the author's views regarding the importance of collaboration between labor unions and employers on the promotion of competition and maintenance of job security.
- THE ROLE OF INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS STRATEGY IN ENSURING NATIONAL ECONOMIC COMPETITIVENESS: THE CASE OF SINGAPORE. Ariff, Mohamed; Debrah, Yaw A. // International Journal of Employment Studies;Oct1995, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p1
This article examines the role of industrial relations policies in promoting economic competitiveness in Singapore, an island nation which lacks natural resources. It argues that at the time of independence, Singapore had no choice but to embark on industrialisation as a means of survival. To...
- KSZTAÅTOWANIE ZAANGAÅ»OWANIA PRACOWNIKÃ“W POPRZEZ RYWALIZACJÄ˜ I WSPÃ“ÅPRACÄ˜ W ÅšWIETLE WYNIKÃ“W BADAÅƒ. Stankiewicz, Janina; Moczulska, Marta // Research Papers of the Wroclaw University of Economics / Prace N;2013, Issue 277, p254
This article assumes that cooperation and competition promote the employees' engagement. It presents that the development of employees' engagement is connected with their needs (eg, membership, development, independence, recognition) and requires attention to factors relating to: work,...
- A INFLUÃŠNCIA DA INOVAÃ‡ÃƒO TECNOLÃ“GICA NA COMPETITIVIDADE E NAS RELAÃ‡Ã•ES DE TRABALHO EM USINAS DE AÃ‡ÃšCAR E ÃLCOOL PARANAENSES. Augusto, Cleiciele Albuquerque; Takahashi, Ligia Yurie; Sachuk, Maria Yolanda // OrganizaÃ§Ãµes Rurais & Agroindustriais;2012, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1
It has been the objective of this study to identify the contributions of technological innovation for competitiveness and its impact on labor relations in the sugar and alcohol mills located in the northwest of ParanÃ¡ state. In relation to the methodological procedures, this research is a...
- INTERNAL RELATIONS AS A FACTOR OF COMPETITIVENESS AND BUSINESS PERFORMANCE IN SERBIAN ECONOMY. Cerovic, Bozidar; Nojkovic, Aleksandra // Conference Proceedings: International Conference of the Faculty ;2014, p55
The paper is based on the results of a broader project that explores the role of intangible capital in Serbian firms. Using the data from a survey of a set of Serbian firms the paper examines the state of art in developing internal relations and particularly those connected with decision making....
- The effect of international competition on union and nonunion wages. Macpherson, David A.; Stewart, James B. // ILR Review;Apr90, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p434
Using data from the May 1975 to 1981 Current Population Surveys, the authors examine the impact of international competition on union and nonunion wages. Two findings emerge from the study. First, international competition, measured by import share, was a significant determinant of union and...
- Implementing structural reform: a review of progress. // OECD Economic Surveys: Australia;1998, Vol. 1998 Issue 1, p55
Focuses on the structural reform in Australia at the end of 1996 and during 1997. Reform of industrial relations; Reform of the health care system; Implementation of the national competition policy.
- HUMAN V. HOUSE: A COMBAT FOR COUTURE COMMAND OF LUXURY LABELS. Souther, Carly Elizabeth // Journal of Art, Technology & Intellectual Property Law;Fall2013, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p49
As an industry that thrives on-rather than succumbs to-adversity, the couture corporate world demands innovation and encourages risks. When combined with successful marketing and savvy business practices, these risks can result in large payoffs, which exist, primarily, due to the nature of the...