Transsexual judgments expose legal confusion
- Transsexual seeks court ruling for right to marry. // Asian Pacific Post;12/1/2011, p17
The article reports on the plan of a transsexual, who was born a man, to seek ruling from the Court of Final Appeal in Hong Kong, China for a right to marry her boyfriend.
- JAPAN. Wockner, Rex // Just Out;6/20/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 16, p25
Reports on the Japanese Supreme Court's ruling which held that transsexuals who have sex-change operations cannot switch their gender in their family register.
- WORD ON THE STREET. // Gay & Lesbian Times;7/17/2003, Issue 812, p16
Quotes four Americans on whether the broader gay and lesbian community has a responsibility to ensure transgender protections are a legislative priority.
- Japan OKs document changes for transsexuals. // Gay & Lesbian Times;7/17/2003, Issue 812, p37
Reports on the Japanese House of Representatives' approval of a measure on July 10, 2003 that will allow certain transsexuals to change their gender in all-important 'family registry' documents. Attempt of the government to eliminate problems that transsexuals face in matters as voting and...
- More than half the legislature signs on to trans rights bill. Jacobs, Ethan // Bay Windows;2/12/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p1
The article reports that a majority of legislators in both the House and Senate in the U.S. have signed as co-sponsors of the transgender rights bill.
- ABI calls for wider review of rulings on transsexuals. Greenwood, John // Money Marketing;3/20/2003, p7
Reports on the need for a wider review of rulings on transsexuals in Great Britain. Transsexuals' right to be treated for all financial services products; Effect of the ruling on actuarial calculations for insurance and pension products; Change in the rates of premium.
- Trans-rights dominoes continue to fall. Smith, Gwendolyn Ann // Bay Area Reporter;5/30/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 22, p10
Reports on developments regarding the promotion of transgender rights in the U.S. Passage of a bill protecting the rights of transgendered people in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Ordinance for transgender rights passed in Dallas, Texas.
- Transsexual ban splits DOB unit. // Advocate;1/3/73, Issue 102, p14
Reports that the San Francisco, California chapter of the Daughter of the Bilitis voted to ban preoperative male transsexuals from the group which lead the editorial staff of the organization's magazine 'Sisters' to leave the group to form another organization. Reasons for the split in the...
- Asylum issues for TG community. // Bay Area Reporter;1/24/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p16
Presents a question-and-answer advisory on asylum issues of interest to transgenders in the U.S. Gender identity persecution; Overview of the asylum process; Qualification for asylum; Application for asylum.