Forgive us our trespasses
- Employers--on the record. // Management Today;Jan96, p11
Focuses on the employment of ex-convicts in Great Britain. Results of a survey by the Rainer Foundation; Comment from Mike Stewart, director of services at the National Association for the Care and resettlement of offenders; Employment of ex-offenders by companies; Comeback Trust.
- The pros of ex-cons. // Management Today;Aug1997, p16
Discusses the recruitment and hiring of former prisoners in the Great Britain. Number of persons who have criminal records; Difficulty with persuading employers that ex-offenders can be good employees; Information on the recruitment policy at Marks & Spencer; Reference to the law governing the...
- War on crime presents challenges for employers. Minehan, Maureen // HR Magazine;Sep97, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p184
Focuses on the challenge posed to employers by the growing trend in the number of applicants with criminal records. Efforts of non-profit organizations to help ex-convicts gain employment; Survey result showing the reluctance of employers to hire a prospective employee with a criminal record;...
- The value of finding employment for white-collar ex-offenders. Soothill, Keith; Francis, Brian; Ackerley, Elizabeth // British Journal of Criminology;Autumn97, Vol. 37 Issue 4, p582
Describes a 20-year criminological follow-up of a consecutive series of 348b ex-offenders seeking white-collar employment. Who offered employment to ex-offenders; Results at the end of 20-year follow-up; Indepth look at the issue.
- TakeAction Minnesota opposes ex-offender discrimination. Reeves, Mel // Minnesota Spokesman-Recorder;5/12/2011, Vol. 76 Issue 41, p1
The article offers information on the "Justice 4 All" forum hosted by the TakeAction Minnesota on April 16, 2011 to give its support on opposing the idea of preventing Minnesota ex-offenders from being employed.
- Employers with conviction. Worman, Dianah // People Management;5/16/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p61
Focuses on the report 'Casing It Out: Why It Can Make Sense to Employ Ex-Offenders,' which discussed how to manage employees with a history of offending.
- Supporting ex-offenders back into employment. // Charities Management;2010, Issue 73, p16
The article discusses the Changing Paths scheme that is designed to help ex-offenders integrate with society by providing them with jobs in Great Britain.
- Editorial. // Washington Informer;12/6/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p21
The author reflects on Chairman Mendelson's "Re-Entry Facilitation Amendment Act of 2012" a bill proposed to address overwhelming barriers to housing and employment of the so called "returning citizens."
- Ohio's Job Links Program Uses Teleconferencing Technology. Mayers, Jim // Corrections Today;Apr98, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p142
Features the Hire the Ex-Offender, a program for the employment of inmates by the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction. Use of teleconferences linking; Information on the inmates provided to prospective employers; Job interviews of the program.