Soaring training bills force subsidy rethink
- Fla.teachers blast Edison buyou. // American Teacher;Nov2003, Vol. 88 Issue 3, p3
Reports on the opposition of the Florida Education Association to the plan of taking funds from the state retirement system to finance a buyout of Edison Schools Inc. Citation of the financial loss sustained by the system; Problem over the lack of accountability to participants of the planning...
- Academy Chains Criticised. // 14-19 Learning & Skills Bulletin;1/27/2014, Issue 112, p31
The article focuses on the answer given by the British Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Schools, Lord Nash to the question related to controls measures taken by the British government on disbursement of public funds by academy chains to their directors and trustees or private...
- Early-Childhood Education:. Bushweller, Kevin // Education Week;3/3/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p12
A national study suggests that federal and state spending on early-childhood education is woefully inadequate. Released by Voices for America's Children, a Washington-based network of state and local child-advocacy organizations in 44 states, the report estimates that federal and state per-child...
- Thoughts on "Two Exemptions and One Subsidy" (TEOS) in China's Western Region. Tian Xiangyang // Chinese Education & Society;Jan/Feb2008, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p75
The article focuses on the two exemptions and one subsidy (TEOS) policy in China which has brought life to the western region's rural education and light to impoverished families. It states that with the new changes students were exempted from tuition and miscellaneous fees, some were exempted...
- The devolution conflict. Glendening, Parris N. // State Government News;Feb2003, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p12
Discusses the principle of devolution of power to federal governments in the U.S. Brief history of decentralization; Innovative programs at the federal level; Issues in revenue generation, welfare reform, educational policy and environment management; Need for federal governments to invest...
- 15 largest public funds. // Pensions & Investments;3/31/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p12
Presents a listing of the 15 largest public funds in the United States.
- Equity concentration decreases. Star, Marlene Givant // Pensions & Investments;12/13/93, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p2
Presents a study on the investment of public funds. Decrease in the concentration of equities held by pension funds; Comparison of the growth of assets; Investment of individuals in the equity market.
- Public funds summary. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Jan1995, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p22
Lists the top public funds in November 1994. Comparison of index returns; October's top CTAs.
- Putting together an investment plan. Doyne, Barbara // American City & County;Dec96, Vol. 111 Issue 13, p6
Focuses on the features of effective investment policies for state and local government financial assets. Contents of effective investment policies; Importance of accurate forecasting of cash flow; Management of primary cash.