- With the Federal Stimulus, Employers Find That Job Training Pays. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;11/15/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 46, p5
The article reports on the significance of the On-the-Jobs Training (OJT) program in hiring potential employees in the U.S.
- Training and recruitment. // People Management;8/29/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 17, p10
Reports various news on training and recruitment of employees in England. Efforts to improve the training of insurance sales staff; Action taken by the Federation of Recruitment and Employment Services against recruitment agency; British Airways' use of silver screen to attract cabin crew.
- What's inside. // Recruiter;Mar2012, p1
The table of contents for the March 2012 issue of "Recruiter" magazine is presented.
- Good people looking for the 'perfect job' Schmitt, Joseph // Contractor Magazine;Sep2001, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p12
Presents some issues to be considered when hiring good people for a perfect job. Provision of a good compensation package; Importance of employee training and growth; Need to explain to them the value of a company.
- MY FAVOURITE SITES. // People Management;2/7/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p53
Recommends several recruitment and training web sites. Features of the youth recruitment web site of Camouflage; Web site produced by Screenactive for the Territorial Army; Details of the U.S. Navy site.
- Retailers' roundtable. Marcin, Natalie // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Sep94, Vol. 95 Issue 9, p168
Presents the views and opinions of gift and accessory retailers about recruitment of Christmas sales associates, training and supervision of temporary employees. Views and opinions of Bill Forston of BJ's Flowers and Gifts, Margaret Hathaway of M.L. Jarvis Inc., Holly Heftner of Elements, Jerry...
- New training bodies focus on skill gaps. Pickard, Jane // People Management;5/14/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p15
Focuses on a skill shortage programme offered by the National Training Organizations (NTO). Details on the skill programme; Survey on skill shortages; Information on recruitment problems.
- Training/recruitment and selection. // People Management;10/10/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 20, p19
Reports some news in Great Britain relating to recruitment and training of employees. Unification of training and standards organizations under the National Training Organizations (NTO);Contributions of Investors in People in Business improvement schemes; Job prospects in industries preparing...
- Training Newsbeat... // Training & Development Journal;Oct74, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p44
Presents news items on developments in employee training as of October 1974. Role of engineers as managers; Recruitment of bank executives.