South-coast council braced for HR storms
- City advisory councils fight consolidation plan. SOSIN, KATE // Windy City Times;11/2/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p9
The article reports that eight advisory councils in Chicago, Illinois have opposed the consolidation plan for them in 2011 due to budget cuts.
- City resources outsourced. Sandula, Mike // Michigan Citizen;8/19/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 41, pA1
The article reports that the administrative obligations of the Detroit Department of Workforce and Development (DDWD) and the Department of Health and Wellness Promotion (DHWP) are transferred to nonprofit entities which is considered by the Michigan City Council as a violation to its charter.
- Blakely recovery power consolidated. Guillet, Jaime // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/10/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 21, p6
The article reports on the criticism of the city council concerning the slow progress in the economy set by Ed Blakely, Director of Office of Recovery Management (ORM) in New Orleans, Louisiana. It states that Blakely has now streamlined authority after the ORM reorganization and consolidates...
- Procurement support strengthened for councils. // Public Private Finance;Mar2004, Issue 81, p3
Reports on the support mechanisms for local government which are being overhauled through the establishment of regional centers of excellence and reorganization of the procurement agencies in Great Britain. Purpose of establishing regional centers; Action taken by the Improvement and...
- Cheshire Local Government. Coryton, Demitri; Grimmett, Helen; Hargreaves, Arabella; Marshall, Michael; Waterman, Chris // Children's Services Parliamentary Monitor;Feb2008, Issue 16, p129
The article focuses on a debate on the reorganization of the local government of Cheshire, England which was held before the British House of Commons on February 26, 2008. Accordingly, the Cheshire Order 2008 sought to reorganize the said local government through separating the Cheshire County...
- No more regs. Gatty, Bob // Beverage Industry;Sep95, Vol. 86 Issue 9, p26
Focuses on efforts of the US Congress to reform the federal regulatory system. Impact of the action on the beverage industry; Moves of President Clinton to streamline regulatory agencies; Description of the proposed regulatory reform bill; Congress' denial of funding for the enforcement of some...
- Announcement 91-67. // Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms Quarterly Bulletin;12/16/91-3/15/92, Vol. 4, p39
Announces the reorganization and consolidation of the Western Region of Compliance Operations Office effective October 1, 1991. Implication of the reorganization with the Santa Rosa Area Office.
- Essential numbers for federal shutdown. Cappo, Joe // Crain's Chicago Business;11/20/95, Vol. 18 Issue 47, p10
Focuses on the reorganization of administrative agencies in the United States. Issue on services; Statistics on the number of government employees.
- Workplace innovation in the public sector: The case of the office of the Ontario Registrar General. Hebdon, Robert; Hyatt, Douglas // Journal of Collective Negotiations in the Public Sector;1996, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p63
Describes the implementation of a comprehensive workplace innovation in the office of the Ontario Registrar General in Ontario. Transformation in the traditional methods of work organizations; Experiments on employee involvement in various firms; Optimistic outlook on the effects to productivity.