Branches gather to discuss future plans
- Training. // People Management;02/09/95, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p48
Features the courses and conferences of the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD), organization providing a range of services and expertise covering the full spectrum of personnel and training. Workshop on how to interview effectively; Course offered for understanding employment law and...
- Branch chairs discuss a new approach to training. // People Management;10/05/95, Vol. 1 Issue 20, p57
Provides information on the annual meeting of the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD) branch chairs in London on September 21, 1995. Highlights of the meeting; What Judith Manifold, vice-president, training and development, stressed during the meeting; Contribution that branches could...
- Institute news. // People Management;10/05/95, Vol. 1 Issue 20, p57
Presents news which involve the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD). Accessories to be sold at the IPD stand at the Harrogate conference and exhibition; Supplement to the Institute's Internet information note produced by its library and information service; Seminar by the Compensation...
- Main speech to focus on HR as competitive edge. // People Management;10/05/95, Vol. 1 Issue 20, p59
Details the Institute of Personnel and Development's national conference at Harrogate, England. Opening keynote speaker; Issues that will be tackled by management thinker, Professor Sumantra Ghoshal; `Question Time' session.
- Conference and exhibition news. // People Management;10/05/95, Vol. 1 Issue 20, p59
Offers a look at the Institute of Personnel and Development's 1995 national conference and exhibition at Harrogate, England. Countries where some of the personnel and development organizations will come from; Services offered at the Institute's exhibition stand; Number of fringe sessions that...
- HR `must lead British firms on every front.' Overell, Stephen // People Management;02/08/96, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p14
Reports about the main highlights of the Institute of Personnel and Management Central London branch conference. Message by Mortimer Feinberg on the role of human resource; Consensus reached at the debate on whether `training in Britain is a disaster'; Criticism and rejection of the voluntarist...
- A golden opportunity to gather intelligence. // People Management;02/08/96, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p57
Focuses on the Human Resource Development Week 96 conference and exhibition of the Institute of Personnel and Development. Main theme of the event; Speakers in the program; Other features of the event.
- Branches brainstorm for best way forward. // People Management;03/07/96, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p61
Presents the meeting of branch chairs and representatives with members of the Institute of Personnel and Development board and management team on role and purpose of branches. Topics and issues covered in the meeting; Priority on creating and meeting members' needs; Proposals presented in the...
- Branch diary. // People Management;07/10/97, Vol. 3 Issue 14, p58
Presents various events and seminars of the Institute of Personnel and Development. `Joint event with the loD'; `The Internet in personnel'; `How should managers be trained?'