- Athletes Seek an Edge on the Web. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;04/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p36
Reports that Enhanced Performance Systems Inc. offers a test called Athlete's Competitive Edge. Uniform resource locator of the test; Fee for evaluating a person's mental abilities for athletic competition; Pioneering work in psychological assessment and training system.
- Can We Talk? Methods for Evaluation and Training of Spoken Dialogue Systems. Walker, Marilyn // Language Resources & Evaluation;Feb2005, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p65
There is a strong relationship between evaluation and methods for automatically training language processing systems, where generally the same resource and metrics are used both to train system components and to evaluate them. To date, in dialogue systems research, this general methodology is...
- Analyse these. Barton, Dick // People Management;3/8/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p55
Examines the system used by human resource managers to evaluate the performance of employees. Details on the content of the questionnaires and forms given to workers; Process of employee recruitment and psychological testing; Use of information technology to train employees.
- Strengthening the support functions of surveillance. // Weekly Epidemiological Record;7/4/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 27, p236
Details the key activities to strengthen the support functions of integrated disease surveillance and response system in the African region. Training; Supervision to improve and sustain surveillance performance; Communication capacity; Resources for effective surveillance; Monitoring and...
- The Study on Human Resource Management Performance Evaluation based on Data Envelopment Analysis and Analytic Hierarchy Process. Tuo Yunting // International Journal of Digital Content Technology & its Applic;Aug2012, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p256
Human resources performance management is the core of human resource management, and human resource performance evaluation is the key area of the human resources performance management system, it is important for improving the performance of human resources, effectively implementing human...
- Costing systems the factors associated with success. Pierce, Bernard // Accountancy Ireland;Feb2006, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p46
The article focuses on the factors associated with the success in both traditional and activity-based costing (ABC) system. These factors include the management support, the degree which the system is linked to performance evaluation, adequate training and resources, links with competitive...
- Human Resource Management Practices of Selected Companies. Anto, Manolo Logroño // European Journal of Business & Management;2013, Vol. 5 Issue 16, p75
The purpose of this study was to assess the existing Human Resource Management (HRM) practices of selected companies in order to come up with a comprehensive HRM Program. This paper tests a hypothesis, there is no significant difference in the extent of use of HRM tools and techniques when the...
- Quality assurance in training based on the importance/performance analysis model. Fathi Vajargah, K.; Pardakhtchi, M. H.; Abolghasemi, M.; Mohammad Hadi, F. // Educational Strategies;Summer2011, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p57
Aims: Effectiveness of human resources training depends on the quality of training. This study was carried out with the aim of identifying the components of quality in human resources training and proposing a new model of quality assurance in human resources training by using these components...
- ANNUAL MEDIA REVIEW. // Tech Directions;Jan2008, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p28
The article evaluates several teaching aids and devices including small engine training resources from Briggs and Stratton Corp., an electricity and electronics software from ETCAI Products, and Totally Trebuchet engineering program from Gears Educational Systems LLC.