Catering for success
- A flair for hospitality. Stanton, Eileen // Career World;Mar1994, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p27
Presents vocational guidance for hotel management. Six main recommendations; Profiles of two successful hotel managers; Outlook of the industry; Related professions; Average salaries. INSET: 'A manager by any other name...' (Types of employees)..
- HELP, TARUN! // Business Today;12/2/2007, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p196
The article presents two questions and answers related to career including one on choosing a career in journalism or the hospitality sector and another on prospects of career after studying hotel management.
- BALIKESÄ R ÃœNÄ VERSÄ TESÄ TURÄ ZM Ä Ä¡LETMECÄ LÄ ÄžÄ VE OTELCÄ LÄ K YÃœKSEKOKULU Ã–ÄžRENCÄ LERÄ NÄ N MESLEK SEÃ‡Ä MÄ NÄ ETKÄ LEYEN FAKTÃ–RLER... ERDEM, Barış; KAYRAN, Mehmet Fatih // Cumhuriyet Universitesi Journal of Economics & Administrative Sc;2013, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p81
This study tries to determine the factors which affect occupational choices and the priorities which considered important on such choices of the students of BalÄ±kesir University School of Tourism and Hotel Management. The data of this research is obtained from a survey implemented on 263...
- OTELCÄ°LÄ°K VE TURÄ°ZM MESLEK LÄ°SESÄ° Ã–ÄžRENCÄ°LERÄ°NÄ°N COÄžRAFYA DERSÄ°NE OLAN Ä°LGÄ° VE ALGILARI: TEKÄ°RDAÄž Ã–RNEÄžÄ°. ŞAHİN, Vedat // Electronic Turkish Studies;Winter2015, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p817
The population of this research consisted of 10th, 11th, and 12th grade students attending TekirdaÄŸ Hotel Management and Tourism Vocational High School in the 2014-2015 academic year. A questionnaire was administered to 113 students in the study. The data obtained in the study were analyzed...
- Career fair will give students added benefits. Andorka Jr., Frank H. // Hotel & Motel Management;10/05/98, Vol. 213 Issue 17, p4
Focuses on the benefits of the career fair at the 1998 Hotel/Motel & Restaurant Show on November 7, 1998 to participating students. Educational programs; Ability to attend the networking session with exhibiting companies.
- Hotels supply foreign guests touch of home. Ziglar, Ferne A. // Crain's Cleveland Business;8/29/94, Vol. 15 Issue 35, p13
Reports on the hotels' strategies to make foreign guests feel at home in the United States. Marriott hotel; Ritz Carlton Hotel; Radisson Plaza Suites; Omni International hotel; Marriott Society Center.
- `Baker's dozen' method can reduce risk. Marshall, Anthony // Hotel & Motel Management;3/7/94, Vol. 209 Issue 4, p13
Discusses various aspects of the `plus one' practice in the hotel industry. Background on the `baker's dozen'; Need of hotels to establish risk-management goals; Role of reasonable care in risk management.
- Management & more. Troy, Timothy N. // Hotel & Motel Management;3/21/94, Vol. 209 Issue 5, p18
Focuses on management techniques in the hospitality industry. Result of the Hotel and Motel Management's 1994 survey of hotel-management company on contract acquisition; Industry trend towards long-term commitment; Approaches in the acquisition of financing deals for company projects; Financing...
- Be creative when prospecting for new business. Feiertag, Howard // Hotel & Motel Management;7/5/95, Vol. 210 Issue 12, p16
Presents tips for increasing occupancy rates in hotels. Development of program that involves prospecting daily; Possible prospects; Input from hotel staff; Search for prospects in local newspapers.