Trainers urged to put Freud on reading list
- CAN YOU TEACH EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE? HYTER, MICHAEL C.; TAPIA, ANDRÉS // Chief Learning Officer;Jan2015, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p34
The article discusses the potential effects of companies' practice of teaching emotional intelligence on relationship building, leadership development, and performance. Topics include details on the effect of emotional intelligence on people's use of differentiating emotions to guide thinking...
- Radical behaviorism and the social order. Prilleltensky, Isaac // Counseling & Values;Jan1992, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p104
Examines radical behaviorism as it relates to social order. Effects on social welfare; Definition of radical behaviorism; Information on the two major orientations within behaviorism; Names of books in which the topic is discussed; Detailed information on the topic.
- The year of the tear. Auchincloss, Kenneth // Newsweek;12/29/1997, Vol. 131 Issue 1, p40
Looks back at 1997 as the year when people seemed to show more emotions. The public reaction to news such as the death of Diana, Princess of Wales and the trial of Louise Woodward; How politicians played into the trend; Increase use of terms like `road rage' and `venting' in 1997.
- Ask Dr. Frank. Pittman, Frank // Psychology Today;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p96
Features questions from readers on various psychological topics, and the responses from the author, a family therapist. His thoughts on body tattooing; How much substance abuse a relationship can tolerate; Self-defeating behavior; The need for less mental health and more manners.
- Identity. Michell, Hannah // New Moon;May/Jun97, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p36
Presents the author's narration of her life story. Certain events which influence the author to start thinking about her life; Person she lived with; Impact of her parent's divorce to her life; How she adjusted to changes in her life; Her future dreams.
- Social categorization and stimulus equivalence. Watt, Andrew; Keenan, Michael // Psychological Record;Winter91, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p33
Discusses the results of a study on social categorization and stimulus equivalence in Northern Ireland. Conditional discrimination study among Northern Irish Protestants, Northern Irish Catholics and English Protestants; Finding that prior social learning might interfere with equivalence...
- Swing your partner, fix your therapist. // Psychology Today;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p88
Provides advice for psychological problems. Nature and basis of the sexual practice of swinging; Tips on how to handle therapist-patient relationships; True intentions of the advice from people one is kin to.
- Le snub. Richler, Mordecai // Saturday Night;Apr96, Vol. 111 Issue 3, p30
Relates the author's experience with social rejection. Childhood memories; Rejections in politics; Failure of the author to receive invitations to attend the Seagram annual Christmas party.
- ` The most romantic thing my husband ever did....' Samon, Katherine Ann // Redbook;Nov96, Vol. 188 Issue 1, p63
Presents different romantic ways on how the married guys showed their love. The ten easy pieces; His hidden agenda; Objects of desire; Others.