News & analysis
- Spirit of '89 revolutions rumbles in the Balkans. Woodard, Colin // Christian Science Monitor;1/21/97, Vol. 89 Issue 38, p1
Reports that protesters in the Balkans, led by youths, have taken to the streets to demand democratic change. Challenges to the leaderships in Serbia, Bulgaria and Croatia; Scenes reminiscent of 1989 revolutions in Eastern Europe; Years of dictatorship and austerity suffered by the people of...
- Controlling public protest. Schofield, Daniel L. // FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin;Nov94, Vol. 63 Issue 11, p25
Discusses court decisions concerning the constitutionality of permit requirements and injunction-based restrictions that limit the time, place and manner of public protest in the United States. Content-neutral permit requirements; Restrictions based on threat of violence; Permissible fees and...
- The world. Zipp, Yvonne; Steindorf, Sally // Christian Science Monitor;8/15/96, Vol. 88 Issue 183, p2
Reports on the clash between Turkish troops on Cyprus and Greek Cypriot protesters who stormed across the divided island's ceasefire line.
- CLGS' Rev. Roland Stringfellow featured in the New York Times. // CLGS Newsletter;Mar2012, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p2
The article offers information on the annual Marriage Equality protest that was held in recorder's office in San Francisco, California on February 18, 2012, which was attended by the Pacific School of Religion (PSR) faculty and staff members.
- On the brink. Bugajski, Janusz // Christian Science Monitor;2/11/97, Vol. 89 Issue 53, p19
Focuses on the popular unrest that is occurring southeastern Europe. Contention that the protests are movements of desperation with dire economic consequences; Examination of the uprisings in Bulgaria, Serbia, Romania and Albania; Lessons which the Balkan revolution have taught to unreformed...
- VALLEYWIDE LEADERS & CITIZENS UNITE TO FIGHT PROPOSED JAIL LOCATION. // Public Record (0744205X);1/25/2011, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p20
The article reports on the collaboration of a group of business leaders and residents of Coachella Valley, California to form Coachella Valley Citizens United (CVCU) that opposes the 7,200 prisoner jail project at the entrance to Palm Springs, proposed by the Riverside County Sheriff's...
- N.Y. City is protest city. // New York Amsterdam News;11/19/94, Vol. 85 Issue 47, p3
Presents photographs from two protest activities held in New York City, New York. City Councilmember Una Clarke-lead protest over cuts in literacy programs; Youth organizations' protest over cuts to youth programs.
- The Three Keys to Protest 2.0. // Time International (Atlantic Edition);8/31/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 8, p22
A list is presented of necessary techniques for staging a fashionable French protest in 2009. It includes using the internet, being creative, and making sure to obtain media coverage.
- The Downside of an Uprising. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);3/18/2013, Vol. 181 Issue 10, p9
An image is presented of a medic in Bahrain treating a protester wounded by a pellet gun during clashes with police in Zinj on March 2, 2013.