East European plans facing HR challenge
- Westminster update. // Accountancy;Dec2002, Vol. 130 Issue 1312, p91
The article provides various developments about Westminster, London, England. Great Britain Department of Trade and Industry has issued a consultation document that considers the harmonization of commencement dates for employment legislation. Companies House has made it clear that it has no...
- WELSH LEAD THE WAY WITH APPROVAL OF STAFFING LEVELS BILL. // Nursing Standard;2/17/2016, Vol. 30 Issue 25, p8
Wales is to become the first country in the UK to mandate nurse staffing in its hospitals.
- Policy News. // T+D;Dec2001, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p16
Reports the legislation affecting the development of workforce and human resource department profession in the U.S. Identification of priorities by the Congress to help displaced workers; Introduction of 'The Back to Work Act' in the House of Representatives; Approach to address the skills gap...
- Skilled Workforce Enhancement Act is `Horse Race'. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;05/15/2000, Vol. 210 Issue 3, p7
Details the United States Joint Committee on Taxation's (JCT) cost analysis and projection on HR 1824, the Skilled Workforce Enhancement Act. Impact of the bill on small business owners who face shortages from the growing skilled workforce crisis; Total cost of the bill implementation for the...
- GLA to get tough on forestry sector. // Forestry & British Timber;Jul2007, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p12
The article reports on the plan of the Gangmasters Licensing Authority (GLA), an agency that regulates the supply of workers to the agriculture, horticulture and shellfish industries in Great Britain, to increase its focus on the forestry sector. GLA aims to curb the exploitation of workers in...
- Balance need for racial diversity against threat of reverse discrimination lawsuit. // HR Specialist: Florida Employment Law;Sep2010, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p3
The article focuses on an employment discrimination law which says that if the employer is known for filing informal quotas of applicants from a labor pool to make a balanced workforce, the members of other protected classes may sue for discrimination.
- FLORIDA BUSINESSES for a COMPETITIVE WORKFORCE. Halterman, Mike // Hotspots Magazine;8/6/2015, Vol. 3031, p146
An interview with Carlos Guillermo Smith, public policy specialist, who discusses the Florida Competitive Workforce Act; businesses that have signed on the act; and the Equality Act.
- Job-training law to consolidate programs. // Quality;Nov98, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p14
Focuses on the Workforce Investment Act of 1998 signed into law by United States President Bill Clinton. Information on the law; Statement from Cynthia Pantazis, manager of policy and government relations for the American Society for Training and Development (ASTD); When the law became effective.
- Work to rule. Burrows, Emma // Third Sector;3/3/2009, p21
The article focuses on the Employment Act 2008 in Great Britain. The royal assent given to the act is explained in relation to the Acas code of practice on discipline and grievance. The implications when the code takes effect on April 6, 2009 are discussed along with its scope and coverage....