- Make attitude your goal. O'Connor, Brian // Works Management;Feb2000, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p13
Focuses on the importance of hiring for attitude and training for skills. Cumulative effects of mistake made in hiring; Positive can-do approach; Willingness to go the extra mile.
- Trainability Diagnosis: A Humanistic Approach To Selection. Casey, John J. // Training & Development Journal;Dec84, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p89
Examines the role of a trainability diagnosis exercise and basic skills training program in employee selection. Development of evaluation devices; Statistical analysis of participants' results.
- This week's question. Glenn, David J. // Westchester County Business Journal;7/1/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 26, p10
Focuses on the qualities of employees sought by employers. Ability to learn new skills; Academic achievement; Computer literacy.
- YOUR FIRST EMPLOYEE. // Small Business Advisor (1069-9619);Aug2016, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p9
The article discusses various considerations that need to be taken care of when hiring the first employee, including his or her compatibility to the company, during for which she or he has to stay, and the training period she or he has to undergo.
- Try before you buy works with outside trainers, too. Knutson, Ted // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/16/98, Vol. 16 Issue 46, pB3
Offers advice in evaluating if an outside trainer is appropriate to teach a firm's employees. Importance of manifestation of respect to all employees; Analysis of sales pitches of corporate instructors; Selecting a trainor based on industries in his own community.
- SOAPBOX. Ellis, Ryan K. // Training & Development;Jul2000, Vol. 54 Issue 7, p6
Replies to questions regarding employee training. Appointment of trainers; Reliance on the traditional resume-to-interview process; Importance of technology skills compared to interpersonal skills.
- Hiring good facilitators. Schwarz, Roger M. // Training & Development;May95, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p67
Offers tips on hiring a good training facilitator. Assessment of an organization's need for a facilitator; Hiring someone outside the organization; Facilitator's tasks; Characteristics of a good facilitator; Types of facilitator; Questions to ask prospective facilitators; Facilitators'...
- The secrets of succession. Nowack, Kenneth M. // Training & Development;Nov94, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p49
Provides a seven-step plan for developing high-potential replacement candidates for managerial positions. Approaches to succession system; Details of the seven-step plan succession system. INSET: Succession-development system..
- How to Hire Instructors Who Love Training. Thomas, Beth // Training & Development;Mar99, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p14
Discusses tips on how to hire instructors who love training. Personality; Creativity; Connectivity; Flexibility.