- Make attitude your goal. O'Connor, Brian // Works Management;Feb2000, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p13
Focuses on the importance of hiring for attitude and training for skills. Cumulative effects of mistake made in hiring; Positive can-do approach; Willingness to go the extra mile.
- Trainability Diagnosis: A Humanistic Approach To Selection. Casey, John J. // Training & Development Journal;Dec84, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p89
Examines the role of a trainability diagnosis exercise and basic skills training program in employee selection. Development of evaluation devices; Statistical analysis of participants' results.
- This week's question. Glenn, David J. // Westchester County Business Journal;7/1/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 26, p10
Focuses on the qualities of employees sought by employers. Ability to learn new skills; Academic achievement; Computer literacy.
- Try before you buy works with outside trainers, too. Knutson, Ted // Grand Rapids Business Journal;11/16/98, Vol. 16 Issue 46, pB3
Offers advice in evaluating if an outside trainer is appropriate to teach a firm's employees. Importance of manifestation of respect to all employees; Analysis of sales pitches of corporate instructors; Selecting a trainor based on industries in his own community.
- SOAPBOX. Ellis, Ryan K. // Training & Development;Jul2000, Vol. 54 Issue 7, p6
Replies to questions regarding employee training. Appointment of trainers; Reliance on the traditional resume-to-interview process; Importance of technology skills compared to interpersonal skills.
- Hiring good facilitators. Schwarz, Roger M. // Training & Development;May95, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p67
Offers tips on hiring a good training facilitator. Assessment of an organization's need for a facilitator; Hiring someone outside the organization; Facilitator's tasks; Characteristics of a good facilitator; Types of facilitator; Questions to ask prospective facilitators; Facilitators'...
- How to Hire Instructors Who Love Training. Thomas, Beth // Training & Development;Mar99, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p14
Discusses tips on how to hire instructors who love training. Personality; Creativity; Connectivity; Flexibility.
- The secrets of succession. Nowack, Kenneth M. // Training & Development;Nov94, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p49
Provides a seven-step plan for developing high-potential replacement candidates for managerial positions. Approaches to succession system; Details of the seven-step plan succession system. INSET: Succession-development system..
- Who's Left in the Labor Pool? Flynn, Gillian // Workforce;Oct99, Vol. 78 Issue 10, p34
Discusses a human resource strategy to handle unemployable people. Approach in recruiting and hiring; Training of employees; Preparation for disappointments concerning some employees. INSET: Are You Liable For Ex-convict Employees?.