Giving interview feedback can prove problematic
- Interview Bloopers. // Community Banker;Oct2000, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p62
Focuses on the most unusual candidates they interviewed by executives for a job, according to a survey by Office Team. Job seekers that lie to their current employers for not coming to work; Job seekers who do not know what their ideal jobs are; Very demanding job seekers.
- Interviewing candidates at the task level. Steinberg, Jon // Direct Marketing News;May2012, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p45
The article presents some tips for employers on the questions that they will ask to applicants during the recruitment process.
- Are You Hiring The Right People? DeCamp, Donald D. // Management Review;May92, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p44
Presents recommendations for U.S. managers on how to hire the right employees. Problems associated with job interviewing; Determination of what each job opening entails; Description of a zero-based job description; Definition of the working environment in terms of corporate culture.
- Build a successful relationship with your recruiting firm. // Fairfield County Business Journal;9/20/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 38, pS10
Presents a question-and-answer advisory about the relationship between prospective employees and staffing firms. Preferences of staffing firms when interviewing candidates; Selection of job opportunities.
- Company Recruiters Can Help You. CHALLENGER, JAMES // California Job Journal;4/19/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 1181, p3
The article describes how company recruiters can help job applicants. Among other sources of information from the company being applied to, the recruiters are considered the best choice in helping job applicants determine the right jobs for them. Tips from human resources experts like marketing...
- The Panel Interview: Your Chance to Outpace the Competition. Wheatman, Debra // Fordyce Letter;Nov2012, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p7
The article offers tips on how to increase the chances of success for job candidates in a panel interview. The importance of identifying the participants of the panel interview is emphasized. According to the author, the job applicant must provide a summary of job experience, the employment...
- Behavioral Interviews: Hire for the Competencies Needed. S. G. C. // Women in Higher Education (10608303);Mar2013, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p20
The article discusses the significant aspects of behavioral interviewing in hiring the right employee. It notes that behavioral interviewing aims to determine whether the candidate has the technical skills for the job, will grow in the company, and will strengthen the team. It also tackles the...
- Hiring. Severs, Jon // PrintWeek;2/22/2013, p22
The article offers tips on the employee recruitment process. It states that drawing up a job specification profile is the first part of the process. It says that around six applicant is the average number for the first interview. It adds that extensive notes should be kept and it should be clear...
- LOOSEN UP ON SUITS: TIME TO DROP FOCUS ON FORMALITY. // Recruiter;Sep2013, p42
The author discusses the significance of what a job applicant wears during an interview to the success of the application. According to the author, recruiters should not just look at the best-dressed candidates but identify and hire the best talent available. He mentions that some applicants...