- The proof of HR is in the profits. Roberts, Keith // People Management;02/09/95, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p42
Discusses research showing how human resource management strategies are best able to improve performance and increase profitability of a business. Parameters of relative profit performance; Contributions to competitive strength and productivity; Research investigation of key management issues;...
- Managers of small firms challenge stereotypes. Baron, Angela // People Management;02/09/95, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p59
Describes the findings of the research on how much the managers of small and medium-sized enterprises know about modern personnel management practices and their relevance to business needs. Managers recognition of the management theory; Discrepancy between the importance of managers; Variety...
- Journal round-up. // People Management;08/24/95, Vol. 1 Issue 17, p47
Provides information on researches about personnel management. Research about the relationship between unmet expectations and the success of a new entrant's socialization into an organization; Study on the impact of organizations in shaping newcomer's attitudes.
- Freemasons in fresh bid to shake off unsavoury image. Walsh, Jennie // People Management;01/28/99, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p15
Reports that the freemasons have called on the services of a human resource consultant to change its secretive image. Review of employment practices as part of a modernization drive; Results of an investigation of possible masonic involvement in miscarriages of justice; Information on the first...
- How to analyze outcome measurements. Erdlen, Frank R. // Personnel Journal;Oct92, Vol. 71 Issue 10, p107
States that behavioral health outcome measurements are often subject to bias and misinterpretation. Outlines five ways to determine outcome accuracy. Find the key person; Understand a provider's definition of success; Evaluate the impact on the program.
- Survey says... // Aftermarket Business;May99, Vol. 109 Issue 5, p11
Presents the results of a survey conducted by the Human Resource Management about the concerns of human resource professionals. Percentage of professionals who are concern on the number of voluntary resignation for every organization; Factors that pose threat to employee retention; Initiatives...
- Variations on the partnership model. Hutchinson, Sue // People Management;11/2/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 22, p38
Discusses the conclusions of the research, `Personnel and the Line: Developing the New Relationship,' which examined changing relationship between personnel and line management in Inited Kingdom. Main factors underlying the changes; Problems with line managers concerned by most companies; Other...
- Teacher empowerment and school climate. Short, Paula M.; Rinehart, James S. // Education;Summer93, Vol. 113 Issue 4, p592
Investigates the relationship of participant perceptions of school climate and certain participant characteristics to participant perceptions of empowerment among teachers. Demographic information as predictors of empowerment; Need for teachers to be sensitized to conflict resolutions and group...
- Research update. // Personnel Today;1/28/2003, p47
Presents several research conducted in the field of personnel management as of January 28, 2003 in Great Britain. Increase in the average earnings; Salaries of executives related to the field of retail industry; Percentage difference in the salary levels of employees working in the charity sector.