Should personnel managers be more critical of BPR?
- Council workers to lose jobs after failing skills test. Littlefield, David // People Management;08/24/95, Vol. 1 Issue 17, p10
Provides information on council workers in Lambeth council in London losing their jobs after failing a skill test. Drive to improve management and administrative standards; Difficulty in reorganizing the council; Effect of the reorganization on the council's staff morale.
- Can reengineering do anything for you? Imberman, Woodruff // Paint & Coatings Industry;Oct96, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p174
Focuses on reengineering. Importance of cooperation of both management and the entire work force for the success of such a venture; Pay-for-performance programs; Three elements for successful reengineering through gainsharing; Competitiveness in reengineering.
- Reengineering. Williams, J. Clifton // Baylor Business Review;Spring1994, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p8
Discusses the management concept of reengineering. Application in the approval of customer credit at IBM Credit Corp.; Assumption which may have been valid once but had become impractical; Suggestion of ways to explore the value of reengineering.
- Reengineering: A fast track to nowhere? Jennings, Daniel F. // Baylor Business Review;Fall1996, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p6
Focuses on management reengineering. Problems created by reengineering; Implications of reengineering.
- Has reengineering left you financially stronger? Longo, Susan C. // CPA Journal;Jan1996, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p69
Looks at the process of reengineering. Explanation of the process; Impact of reengineering; Lesson to be learnt from failures; Attitude towards change; What has to be done.
- Re-engineering has weakened corporate bench strength. // Corporate Board;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 18 Issue 102, p28
Focuses on a study that examined the impact of re-engineering on corporate bench strength. Lack of high level executives.
- Reengineering controls. Gibbs, Jeff; Keating, Patrick // Internal Auditor;Oct95, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p46
Discusses the importance of reengineering process to business in the United States. Fundamental objective of process reengineering; Occurrence of virtual fragmentation; Manifestations of reengineering; Benefits derived from the increase in the speed of business transactions; Four distinct types...
- Reengineering from the outside in. Duboff, Rob; Carter, Craig // Management Review;Nov95, Vol. 84 Issue 11, p42
Looks at reengineering in companies while focusing on present and future customers. Missed changes; Overinvestment; Underinvestment; Working in tandem. INSETS: A customer franchise approach.;Examples of decisions made from reengineering a bank outside..;Workbook..
- Holistic reengineering. Ghani, Usman A. // Management Review;Jan96, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p62
Reports that reengineering needs to be done holistically or else its potential impact could be compromised. Definition of holistically; Identification with a vision and strategy; Management of change.