- Poacher turned gamekeeper. Walker, David // Public Finance;4/21/95, p7
Reports on the appointment of Michael Bichard as permanent secretary at the British employment department. Former position as local authority chief executive; Situation in social security before 1988; Analysis of the benefits agency evaluation report.
- Benefits chief plays a defending role. Wild, Damian // Public Finance;10/29/93, p21
Profiles Michael Bichard, chief executive of the Benefits Agency in Great Britain. Academic background; Problems as Benefits Office head; Career history; Personal background; Management philosophy; Opinion on being the Agency chief.
- Finger on the pulse of government. Mann, Sue // Professional Manager;Sep2010, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p18
The article profiles Lord Bichard, member of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) in Great Britain. It accounts his career developments which started as a secretary of the Department for Education and Employment and eventually become one of the members of the organization. It cites his...
- IN BRIEF. // Design Week;2/11/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p5
The article offers news briefs related to design industry including the appointment of Design Council chairman Michael Bichard to the House of Lords, the launching of an eco-interior design course of the Centre for Alternative Technology in July 2010, and the move of Sennep in designing web...
- Learning curve. Clayton, Richard // Design Week;3/6/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p13
Interviews Sir Michael Bichard, rector of The London Institute, on various topics including the need to break down art and design boundaries. Application of the institute for university status; Bichard's criticism of the education system; Concerns over access to higher education and the fees...
- Bichard issues database warning. // Community Care;3/24/2005, Issue 1565, p13
Reports on the warning by Michael Bichard, who chaired the investigation into the murders by sexual offenders in Great Britain, regarding the incompatibility of Scottish and Northern Irish Sexual offender databases with systems being developed by police in England Wales. Call of Bichard on the...
- Profile: A thoroughly modern mandarin. Walker, David // Public Finance;05/21/99, p28
Profiles Michael Bichard, permanent secretary at the British Department for Education and Employment. Professional and personal background; Local government career highlights; Accomplishments in the private sector; Education; Specialization.
- Inquiry calls for new register. Griffiths, Julie // People Management;6/30/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 13, p7
Focuses on an inquiry report conducted by Michael Bichard, secretary of the British Department of Employment, on child protection procedures at Humberside Police and Cambridgeshire constabulary. Remarks from Alan Warner, president of the Society of Personnel Officers, on the need of human...
- FAILING THE BICHARD TEST. // Community Care;6/1/2006, Issue 1625, p5
The author calls for British schools and the Criminal Records Bureau to work together for the enhancement of school staff recruiting procedures. The Home Office's latest progress report on the implementation of the Bichard Inquiry recommendations suggests headway is being made in most areas....