Health and safety
- Bakers' asthma. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);2/28/1981, Vol. 282 Issue 6265, p678
Explores the prevalence of asthma among bakers. Manifestation of shortness of breath and urticaria; Claims of industrial disablement benefit; Management of the condition.
- WHEN DUST ATTACKS. Paris, Ellen // Entrepreneur;Jun2000, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p42
Focuses on the checklist of health and safety recommendations released by the American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine to help control workplace asthma. Remarks from Jane Barlow, co-author of the checklist; Brief information on occupational asthma.
- Stopping asthma. Hirschman, Carolyn // Employee Benefit News;3/1/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p32
Focuses on occupational asthma. Agents most often associated with work-related asthma; List of methods to control asthma; Actions to be taken by the employers to help employees with asthma.
- Depression Lurks Beneath Poor Health. Pyrillis, Rita // Workforce;May2014, Vol. 93 Issue 5, p16
The article reports on the association between depression and physical conditions like asthma or diabetes. It is said that companies looking to lower their health care costs and improve employee health are embracing wellness programs to help employees exercise, eat better and manage conditions....
- MEDICINE MAN. Tilton, Buck // Backpacker;Aug2005, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p61
Answers questions about health which include bringing asthma medications on trips.
- As asthma rates rise, so does promise of help from antioxidants. // Environmental Nutrition;Oct99, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p7
Answers a query concerning foods or supplements that can treat asthma.
- Play It Smart. Haar, Kristina // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Jul2002, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p46
Talks about the importance of well-controlled and well-treated asthma among athletes.
- Weight loss, abstinence and asthma. // Shape;May2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p90
Presents the results of studies on how to reduce the discomforts of asthmatic attacks.
- The environment and asthma in U.S. inner cities. Eggleston, Peyton A.; Buckley, Timothy J.; Breysse, Patrick N.; Wills-Karp, Marsha; Kleeberger, Steven R.; Jaakkola, Jouni J. K. // Environmental Health Perspectives Supplements;Jun99 Supplement 3, Vol. 107, p439
Examines asthma among inner-city children and young adults in the United States. Prevalence and incidence; Association of environmental pollutants with asthma; Access of children with asthma to medical care; Patterns of medication; Psychosocial stress; Impact of changing environmental...