Growing problem of stress alarms business
- Stress as a way of life. Poe, Randall; Courter, Carol Lee // Across the Board;Mar1996, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p5
Reports on a survey related to daily or weekly stress at work.
- Early burnout among today's rising stars? Thomas, C. William // Baylor Business Review;Fall1991, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p21
Points out the increase in the number of workers in the United States who are experiencing job-related stress. Findings of a Lou Harris poll on the average weekly working hours; Articles on job stress; Suggestions for preventing job-related stress.
- Caution, stress at work. // Marriage Partnership;Spring96, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p66
Presents a list of the most stressfull occupations in the United States ranked according to the levels of tension-producing work demands. Includes the US president; Firefighters; Senior corporate executive.
- Pressure on the job. Henderson, Craig // Public Management (00333611);Dec97, Vol. 79 Issue 12, p21
Presents the results of a survey on job stress among American employees as of December 1997. Reason for misbehavior in the workplace; Actions taken to relieve stress; Recommendation for management to control pressure.
- Physical, psychological stress harmful to workers. Newell, Mary // Westchester County Business Journal;5/20/96, Vol. 35 Issue 21, p20
Focuses on job stress in the workplace. Work-related disabilities associated with stressful working conditions; Impact on employee turnover and absenteeism.
- Stressed for success. Hinsberg, Claire M. // Corporate Detroit;Jun96, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p26
Takes a look at some research on job-related stress in the United States. Major sources of stress for Americans in the workplace; Variables related to stress; Steps to take to relieve stress; Characteristics of people who suffer from stress.
- Coping with on-the-job stress. Underwood, Anita // Black Enterprise;Aug92, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p86
Discusses work-related stress and the importance of determining how you deal with stressful situations and altering your responses. Special problems felt by African-Americans in the workplace; African-Americans and the glass ceiling; Corporate lines of communication; The difficulty of balancing...
- Just say no! McEwan-Adkins, Elaine K. // Today's Christian Woman;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p124
Presents warning signs about a busy person on the verge of a breakdown. Includes waking up in the middle of the night; Having no time to celebrate own birthday; Breaking down in tears.
- Reducing the stress of job loss by writing about it. // Association Management;Dec94, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p17
Reports that writing about job loss may help relieve the stress accompanying the loss. Study of executives who have experienced job losses; Results of study.