Pay and benefits
- Labor Earnings Growth. // Economic Trends (07482922);Aug2002, p13
Reports on the growth in labor earnings of the U.S. as of August 2002. Increase in the average real hourly earnings growth from the Labor Department's Current Employment Statistics; Impact of employment shifts on real compensation and real earnings.
- Precis. // Monthly Labor Review;Sep2000, Vol. 123 Issue 9, p42
Discusses issues related to labor and the economy in the United States as of September 2000. Definition of the term new economy; Key strategies of several companies that have achieved marked success; Role of technology in the economy; Hourly wage rates of workers.
- A post-Labor Day look at pay gaps and wage wars. Francis, David R. // Christian Science Monitor;9/4/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 196, p21
Discusses statistics concerning labor and wages in the United States for 2001.
- The relationship of wages to the value of labour-power in Marx's labour market. Green, Francis // Cambridge Journal of Economics;Jun91, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p199
Suggests a resolution to the queries on the relationship of wages to the value of labor-power. Interpretation of the concept of the value of labor-power as element of Marx's theory of wage determination; Concept of value-added-power; Distinction between price-regulation and wage regulation process.
- Perspectives on labour and income. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;12/20/2002, p3
Presents an overview of articles published in the Winter 2002 issue of the journal 'Perspectives on Labour and Income.' Use of an equivalence scale to compare the spending power of different types of families; Effects of technology implementation on workers and workplace; Labor and income facts...
- Labor Month in Review. // Monthly Labor Review;Nov2002, Vol. 125 Issue 11, p2
Presents information on articles related to the labor sector of the U.S. published in the November issue of the journal 'Monthly Labor Review.' Decrease in compensation cost for production workers in manufacturing in other countries; Number of persons who opted multiple jobs in 2001.
- Research Summaries. Smith, William M. // Monthly Labor Review;Sep76, Vol. 99 Issue 9, p44
Presents summaries of researches on labor issues in the U.S. as of September 1976. Increase in the average salaries of professional, administrative, technical and clerical employees in private industry; Variation in union wage rate in the trucking industry; Higher pay levels in glass container...
- Statistical summary. // Monthly Labor Review;Sep70, Vol. 93 Issue 9, p62
Summarizes various preliminary measures of compensation during the first six months of 1970 in the U.S.
- Two W.C. Ballot Measures Proposed In Calif. Opposed By AIA, Action Network As Costly, Unresponsive. // Insurance Advocate;12/15/2001, Vol. 112 Issue 47, p14
Reports the proposed ballot measures for the compensation system of workers in California, by the American Insurance Association and the Workers' Compensation Action Network.