- The changing workforce. // Workforce;Jan97 Supplement Tools, Vol. 76, p5
Views the idea of staff leasing as one alternative to the traditional employer-employee relationship. List of nontraditional employment situations; Primary employer concerns regarding independent contractors, leased employees, part-time employees and seasonal employees.
- Employee relations. // People Management;08/24/95, Vol. 1 Issue 17, p5
Presents news about employee relations in Great Britain. Criticism on supermarket chain Ada for using confusing `management speak'; Misplacement of beliefs about career paths; Planned increased in redundancy pay; Proposal of the Department of Health about doctors facing a breach of contract if...
- Employee Relations. // People Management;8/28/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 17, p19
Presents news briefs related to employee relations in Great Britain as of August 1997. Efforts of unions to press for rights from the first day of work and the right to union recognition; Research by Cranfield School of Management on the impact of downsizing on the effectiveness of personnel...
- Circular Concerning the All-Around Implementation of the Labor Contract System in Private Enterprises and in Individual Household Enterprises. // Chinese Law & Government;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p16
Presents the text of a circular concerning the issues relevant to the implementation of the labor contract system in private enterprises and in industrial and commercial households in People's Republic of China as of May 4, 1996. Purposes of the circular; Bases of labor relations between...
- Circular Concerning the Gradual Implementation of the System of Collective Consultation and Collective Contracts. // Chinese Law & Government;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p19
Presents the text of a circular concerning the implementation of the system of collective consultation and collective labor contracts in China as of May 17, 1996. Legal grounds for implementing the system of collective consultation and collective labor contracts; Principles on which a labor...
- Circular Concerning the Strengthening of Labor Contract Management and the Improvement of the Labor Contract System. // Chinese Law & Government;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p27
Presents the text of a circular concerning the strengthening of labor contract management and the improvement of the labor contract system in China as of April 3, 1997. Problems that arose in the course of implementing the labor contract system; Ways of perfecting the contents of labor...
- CORPORATIVE ORIGINS OF THE IBERIAN AND LATIN AMERICAN LABOR RELATIONS SYSTEM. Wiarda, Howard J. // Studies in Comparative International Development;Spring78, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p3
Discusses the origin of labour relation systems in Iberia and Latin America and the ways in which these nations have dealt with it. Literature dealing with the social question of class relations; Constitutional clauses and labor codes relating to work life and labor; Government agencies...
- REASEARCH IN PROGRESS. // Industrial & Labor Relations Review;Oct88, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p145
The article acknowledges several people who contributed their ideas and expertise in the October 1988 issue of "Industrial & Labor Relations Review."
- The union role in labor-management cooperation. Levine, Marvin J. // Journal of Collective Negotiations in the Public Sector;1997, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p203
Examines the role of labor unions in labor-management cooperation. Introduction and implementation of programs stressing labor-management cooperation; Improvement of the productivity and quality of work; Provision of employees with a sense of involvement in the decision-making process.