How to: Pick a job evaluation system
- Sure you're ready? Poe, Randall; Courter, Carol Lee // Across the Board;Mar1996, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p6
Reports on a survey which found out that forty percent of promoted managers and executives fail or receive poor reviews within 18 months.
- How do you rate your job qualifications? // Career World;Apr/May96, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p31
Presents a questionnaire to help determine what kind of employee you would make, by evaluating your qualities and qualifications.
- Researchers rank their job concerns. // R&D Magazine;Aug97, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p11
Presents information using a graph showing the job concerns of researchers in the United States. Areas of concern include, job security, advancement, and operating budget.
- Mind your own business. Pollock, Ted // Supervision;Jun97, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p24
Presents ways to evaluate on-the-job effectiveness of employees. Planning; Initiating; Delegating; Decision making; Communicating; Relationships; Putting praise on paper; Use of a grievance checklist; Importance of accountability; Emphasis on listening.
- The pros and cos of 360-degree feedback: Making it work. Vinson, Mary N. // Training & Development;Apr96, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p11
Examines the advantages and disadvantages of the 360-degree feedback, a performance appraisal system for employees. Trend towards upward feedback; Procedure and concept of upward feedback; Experiences with upward feedback; Recommendations on how to make the 360-degree feedback work in an...
- Assessing the validity of job ratings: An empirical study of false reporting in task inventories. Pine, Douglas E. // Public Personnel Management;Winter95, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p451
Discusses the techniques for assessing the validity of job ratings. Empirical study of false reporting of task inventories; Examination of the effects of the type of frequency rating scale; Differences in interrater agreement between groups by rating scales.
- Evaluating a job offer. Solomon, Charlene Marmer // Black Enterprise;Sep94, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p48
Suggests methods of evaluating a job offer. Evaluating the boss, job content and job context; Salary and benefit considerations; Questions you should ask.
- Danger signs. O'Brien, Brian // Canadian Banker;May/Jun91, Vol. 98 Issue 3, p20
Presents the seven signs that signify that your job may be in danger according to Men's Health magazine.
- Unison expects Agenda for Change clash. Day, Karen // Public Finance;4/4/2003, p7
Reports on the impact of the plans for job evaluation and pay assimilation on workers in Great Britain. Harmonization of the working hours of employees; Negotiations between the government; Improvement of the rate of retention.