Effects of downsizing
- Downsizing affects survivors in many ways. // Secretary;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p4
Discusses ways to help employees in corporate downsizing. Maintaining standards; Keeping attitudes under control; Finding ways to vent frustration; Tending to physical and emotional health; Taking rumors in stride; Initiating an employee-suggestion program.
- Ideology influences corporate downsizing. Francis, David R. // Christian Science Monitor;1/5/96, Vol. 88 Issue 28, p8
Reports that because it is considered to be ideologically correct, executives are downsizing their companies. Remarks by Mark Mone, a management professor at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee's business school; Details on the research of a paper on `ideological currents' legitimizing...
- Teach downsizing survivors how to thrive. Caudron, Shari // Personnel Journal;Jan96, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p38
Presents ways in which human resource executives could help employees come to terms and with survive the downsizing in their organizations. Methodologies; Communicate after the downsizing; Clarification of new roles. INSET: Will the future promise job security?..
- New AEIS survey says layoff survivors value reassurances. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;6/4/2001, Issue 322781, p19
Reports on the results of a survey conducted by the American Express Incentive Services LLC which reveals the impact of layoffs on employees. Percentage of respondents who would likely seek other job opportunities if their company laid off a significant portion of its work force; Importance of...
- Few recover totally from downsizing. // USA Today Magazine;Aug98, Vol. 127 Issue 2639, p3
States that managers and professionals displaced through corporate downsizing experience difficulties in leveling their pre-displacement earnings. Results of the survey conducted by Thomas Daymont, human resource management professor at Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Details on...
- Downsizing: The mental toll. Johnson, Kate; Doskoch, Peter // Psychology Today;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p24
Reports on the psychological impact of downsizing on employees. Study by University of Western Ontario researcher William Avison; Emotional problems associated with layoffs.
- JEEPS, TRUCKS AND AUTOMOBILES. Bruce, Robert // Accountancy;Dec1996, Vol. 118 Issue 1240, p28
Focuses on human consequences of downsizing. Symptoms of 'survivor syndrome'; Fragility of lean systems; Reason for descent into business excuses for ordinary problems in life.
- Getting over the job-loss blues. Richardson, Cheryl // Good Housekeeping;Aug2001, Vol. 233 Issue 2, p56
Gives advice on dealing with the hurt of losing a job. Stages of loss; Steps in using the experience to one's advantage; Importance of protecting emotional well-being.
- Downsizings mean workers are most stressed in history. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;7/24/95, Vol. 6 Issue 32, p22
Reports on the impact of corporate downsizing on employee's morale. Tips on treatment of job stress caused by corporate downsizing.