Senior managers must learn how to love their computers
- Voluntary Human Resource Disclosure Practices of Selected Listed Indian IT Firms. Puri, Veerma; Sharma, B.C.; Kumar, Manoj // Drishtikon: A Management Journal;2016, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p80
During the previous two decades Indian economy has shown a tremendous improvement due to emergence of various knowledge based industries. In such industries, firms recognize people as a key resource to gain competitive edge over their peers. Many firms, especially in Information Technology (IT)...
- Work commitment: Conceptual and methodological developments for the management of human resources. Morrow, Paula C.; McElroy, James C. // Human Resource Management Review;Fall2001, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p177
Editorial. Focuses on the work commitment conceptual and methodological developments for the management of human resources. Importance of people in an organizational success and failure; Restoration on the credibility of behavioral sciences in business colleges; Overview on the issue of 'Human...
- The newest team member wasn't a team player. Cutler, W. Gale // Research Technology Management;Jul/Aug1996, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p57
Presents a hypothetical human resource problem. Dealing with an employee who fails to perform as a team member.
- HR Takes a Hands-On Approach to Business and Delivers Results. Herring, Kevin // Workforce;Oct2001, Vol. 80 Issue 10, p42
Presents an alternative model for understanding the value of human resource (HR) departments in the business environment. Traditional view on the role of HR in business; Description of the alternative model of HR value; Guidelines for HR departments to gain market value in a company.
- Traditional HR Valuations Fall Short. // Workforce;Oct2001, Vol. 80 Issue 10, p50
Presents several models to measure the value of human resource (HR) departments in organizations. Activity-based measurements; HR costing; Benchmarking.
- HR Software Trends: New Frontiers. // Workforce;Oct2001, Vol. 80 Issue 10, p70
Discusses several issues related to the adoption of several innovations by human resource (HR) departments to make their work more efficient and strategic. Discussion on the questions that HR should ask when investigating a learning management system or learning content management system;...
- Valuing human capital. // CMA Management;Mar2000, Vol. 74 Issue 2, p12
Highlights a study by Watson Wyatt Worldwide on the best people practices of North American companies. Improvement in key areas of human capital management or people practices; Practices identified in the study; Basis of the study; Dimensions for creating greater shareholder value; Recruiting...
- The HR I.Q. Test. // HR Specialist;Jun2013, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p8
A quiz concerning human resource management is presented.
- How does your global talent measure up? Solomon, Charlene Marmer // Personnel Journal;Oct94, Vol. 73 Issue 10, p96
Focuses on how to manage human resources (HR) in the global age. Criteria for measuring global performance; Matching of strategic goals with the right global expatriate; Identification of skills and attitudes to develop and measure; Relationship between a good job and the nature of the...