Training's role in empowerment
- What's your dream job? // Training & Development;Dec94, Vol. 48 Issue 12, p18
Presents responses to the question 'If you could have any job at all, in any field, would it be related to training or HR?'. Eighty percent of respondents said yes; More popular responses.
- Slicing the pie. Hubbard, Andrew S. // Mortgage Banking;Jan96, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p101
Discusses the centralizing of training under a training manager. Who the `official' training manager reports to; Developing effective training products; Cost of redundancy.
- CALENDAR OF EVENTS. // Training & Development (1839-8561);Aug2015, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p9
A calendar of events organized by Australian Institute of Training and Development (AITD) for talent and development professionals in Australia from September-October 2015 is presented including Instructional Design Essentials, Facilitation Skills MasterClass and Presentation Skills MasterClass.
- The invisible wall. Zenger, John H. // Training & Development;Oct97, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p24
Suggests ways that training professionals can break through barriers to become performance consultants. Factors that make up the invisible wall toward becoming performance consultants; Necessary steps for breaking through the wall.
- Is there a need for a national association of course organisers? Bahrami, J. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);1/14/1984, Vol. 288 Issue 6411, p115
Examines the need for a national association of course organizers in Great Britain. Areas of responsibility for each course organizers; Need for a revision in the job description with a clear definition of areas of responsibility; Benefits of having a national association for course organizers.
- Know your competitors. Milner, Colin // Journal on Active Aging;Sep/Oct2006, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p26
The article focuses on mystery members who can assist a business in providing details about its competitors. The external marketing of each competitor should be examined by the mystery members before visiting the location. Upon arriving at the site, questions should be asked to a salesperson...
- You've got questions. We've got answers. Kerker, Seth // Corporate University Review;Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p2
Presents information on the Corporate University Collaborative and its publication `The New Corporate University Review.' Problems faced by corporate university executives; Benefit of joining the organization.
- TECH TRAINING: 'GETTING AT THE ROOTS' Laird, Dugan // Training & Development Journal;Sep80, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p18
Discusses the importance of starting at the basics for the technical and skills training profession. Recognition of the size of the professional field and the huge value companies invest in them annually; Criticism of the training definition in the brochure from the Technical Skills Training...
- The CCP Discipline Inspection Cadres Are Under Job Reassignment. // Chinascope;Apr2005, p54
Reports on the cadre cross-office reassignment launched by the China's Highest Discipline Investigation Organization, Discipline Inspection Commission and the Ministry of Supervision in China in 2005. Reason behind the job reassignment; Views of critics regarding the decision.