Breaking down skills barriers
- Procure-all. Finn, Widget // People Management;3/2/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p44
Deals with the decision of pharmaceutical company SmithKline Beecham to adopt Internet training and development for its employees. Impact of the decision on the financial performance of the company according to Willie Deese, director of worldwide purchasing at SmithKline; Budget of the training...
- Presiding over mergers. Paul, Lauren Gibbons // PC Week;3/17/97, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p33
Profiles John Parker as the chief information officer (CIO) of SmithKline Beecham PLC. Tasks that Parker undertook in 1996; Changes that he has made; Dealing with the year 2000 issue; Working with information technology executives; Background information; His role model.
- on a roll Steve Kapur. // Advertising Age;8/17/1998, Vol. 69 Issue 33, p20
Profiles Steve Kapur, director of promotions for SmithKline Beecham's smoking cessation products including Nicorette gum. How he views listening as his secret weapon; Insight; Challenges.
- From bench to bedside...research makes the transitional transition. Horton, Brendan // Nature;11/11/1999, Vol. 402 Issue 6758, p213
Focuses on the research of Sir Colin Dollery, a consultant for SmithKline Beecham (SB), which suggests that there is a shortage of qualified researchers in the United Kingdom. Synthesis of the efforts of clinical and basic scientists at the Oxford University Institute of Molecular Medicine...
- Paxil. Goetzl, David // Advertising Age;6/26/2000, Vol. 71 Issue 27, ps16
Introduces Barry Brand, chosen as one of the best minds in marketing by 'Advertising Age' magazine. His position as product director for the prescription antidepressant drug Paxil for SmithKline Beecham; His marketing campaign for Paxil.
- Update on Europe. Wilson, Fran // People Management;01/22/98, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p61
Reports on Great Britain government's announcement to focus on employability in its term as president of the European Council of the European Union. Aim of the government to improve balance between regulations in the labor market; Launching of a redesign version of the monthly publication...
- Balkan States Fear EU Delay. // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/23/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 35, p15
Looks at the sentiments regarding the timetable for negotiations proposed by the European Union for the inclusion of Bulgaria and Romania in the union. Implications of the proposal for Bulgaria and Romania; Political and economic conditions of Bulgaria and Romania; Plan to boost support for the...
- Court slams EU tender methods. Misser, Francois // African Business;Feb98, Issue 229, p20
Provides updates related to the European Union (EU) as of February 1998. Lack of transparency of EU's tendering procedures according to the EU's Court of Auditors; Projects adopted by the European Development Fund by the end of 1997; Two programs approved by EU for structural adjustment efforts...
- Monnet's nightmare. Newman, George // Across the Board;Mar1996, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p51
Focuses on the European Union. Trade liberalization in 1992; Agricultural extortion racket; Redistribution of income among member countries.