A 360-degree turn for the better
- 360 degree ratings: An analysis of assumptions and a research agenda for evaluating their validity. Borman, Walter C. // Human Resource Management Review;Fall97, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p299
Determines the validity of the 360-degree feedback for rating of employees. Two primary assumptions of practitioners using the 360-degree ratings; Hypotheses on the disagreement of supervisors and peers over their performance ratings; Implication of the disagreement.
- 360ï¿½ FEEDBACK LEADS TO IMPROVED PRODUCTIVITY. Sweeney, Theresa // Credit Union Management;Aug2002, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p50
Reports that providing managers with 360 degrees feedback improved their performance, with participants' leadership and management behaviors showing the most improvement, according to a study by Personnel Decisions International (PDI) and Personnel Decisions Research Institutes of Minneapolis,...
- Get the Most from 360-Degree Feedback: Put It on the Internet. Huet-Cox, G. Douglas; Nielsen, Tjai M.; Sundstrom, Eric // HR Magazine;May99, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p92
Focuses on the use of the Leading Empowered Active People survey (LEAPS) as an instrument for a 360-Degree feedback system. Development of an Internet-based employee performance appraisal system; Information on the case of Otis Elevator Company.
- 360 degrees Feedback System Effectiveness: Test of a Model in a Field Setting. Williams, Jane R.; Lueke, Sarah B. // Journal of Quality Management;1999, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p23
Multi-source feedback systems have been implemented in many organizations as a tool to enhance management development efforts. Interestingly, compared to the number of systems in place, the amount of empirical work conducted to support the use of these systems is scarce. The current field study...
- The Power of 360-Degree Feedback. Dyer, Karen M. // Educational Leadership;Feb2001, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p35
Focuses on the components of the 360-degree feedback process in teaching. Developmental quality of feedback; Relevance of coaching or mentoring session; Significance of establishing a goal after feedback; Importance of keeping the process confidential.
- The Dark Side of 360-Degree Feedback. Wimer, Scott // T+D;Sep2002, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p37
Reports the implication of 360-degree feedback, a human resource interventions for corporate development in the U.S. Introduction of performance appraisal processes; Importance of self-awareness for work behavior; Ways of maximizing the learning opportunities and perceptions of individual.
- Mining the Best from Your People. Mintzer-McMahon, Barbara // Executive Excellence;Aug2002, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p9
Discusses Multi-Source Assessment, a standard for excellence by which performance can be driven, helping people to assess where they stand. Clarification of the vision and values; Translation of values into competence; Assessment of how well competencies are being manifest; Survey of key...
- A Multi-Headed Appraisal Monster. Mirza, Patrick // HR Magazine;Jun2002, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p10
Deals with research suggesting 360-degree feedback programs actually decrease a company's value. Reasons for such findings.
- does 360-degree feedback negatively affect company performance? Pfau, Bruce; Kay, Ira // HR Magazine;Jun2002, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p54
Reports on the effect of 360-degree feedback programs on a company's performance. Association of the programs with a decrease in shareholder value; Background information on such programs; Reasons for the failure of the method; Steps that may help companies transform the feedback program into a...