Why selecting a job agency will now be harder
- Ruling could cut cost of temps. Thatcher, Mike // People Management;05/04/95, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p11
Reports about the savings being available to financial companies and charities in Great Britain who use temporary staff through employment agencies. Case between Reed Nurse and Customs and Excise; Change in the recruitment industry as a result of the Customs and Excise ruling.
- Alliance welcomes government plans to update employment agency rules. // Heating & Ventilating Review;May2013, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p6
The article reports that members of the Building Services Engineering Employment Agency Alliance are supporting the British government's plans to update employment agency regulations, saying the update is needed to reflect developments in the manpower supply market.
- Directive is 'bad for business' // People Management;8/8/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 16, p10
Reports on the opposition of the CIPD to a European draft directive on agency workers. Terms under the policy; Threat posed by the directive to the industry.
- Regulation lobbying. // Recruiter;2/17/2010, p11
The article reports on the concern of Great Britain Conservative Member of Parliament (MP) Jonathan Djanogly regarding the changes to the Agency Workers Regulations.
- Bargaining with your staff. Clark, Don // NZ Business;Jul95, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p46
Explains that most attempts to deal directly with the employee to avoid dealing with the authorized agent in seeking employment is unlawful. Lack of understanding of the role of bargaining agents; Presentation of a case; Difficulties that employers encounter in the employment process; Court of...
- Cold Comfort. Shaw, Geoff // NZ Marketing Magazine;Apr2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p42
Answers questions on employment in New Zealand. Processes in changing jobs; Insights on employment contracts; Rules governing recruitment firms.
- Change agencies. Aikin, Olga // People Management;8/19/1999, Vol. 5 Issue 16, p23
Discusses the proposed regulations under the Employment Agencies Act 1973 of Great Britain. Options for workers seeking occupation; Two types of employment agencies; Effects of the proposed regulations on employment agencies. INSETS: Legal checklist;An employee or not?;Who is liable?.
- Developing Partnerships to Meet Clients' Needs in Changing Government Organizations: A Consultative Process. Borgen, William A. // Career Development Quarterly;Jun2000, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p357
Presents a study which outlined the development of partnerships across three employment-related government ministries, in a context of organizational restructuring and downsizing through a consultation process. Nature of the program and its project; Description of the approach to consultation;...
- A message to recruiters on AWR. // Recruiter;5/18/2011, p14
The article presents the author's perspectives on the guidance published by Great Britain's government to help the agency sector and employers for the implementation of the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR) in October 2011. The author cites that the guidance aims to help hirers and agencies...