Menu for change at Novotel
- Mercure sets goal of 1,000 hotels. Waterhouse, Valerie // Hotel & Motel Management;2/6/95, Vol. 210 Issue 2, p4
Reports on Mercure Hotels' plan to expand its chain of midscale from 250 to 1,000 hotels. Use of franchising to reach its goal; Priority target; Mercure's strategy; Mercure's domination of the French midscale market.
- Accor's cuts will not include hotels. Michaud, Paul // Hotel & Motel Management;2/6/95, Vol. 210 Issue 2, p4
Reports that none of the cuts should affect Accor's activities in 1995, although French group Accor will be selling off between $372 million and $465 million of its assets. Sven Boinet, president in charge of Accor's hotel operations; Accor's plans to develop Formule 1 in Asia and Eastern Europe.
- Accor plans sale of several Sofitels. // Hotel & Motel Management;7/5/95, Vol. 210 Issue 12, p34
Reports that Accor plans to sell several Sofitel hotels and retain their management contracts.
- Accor to double Sofitel. Michaud, Paul // Hotel & Motel Management;9/4/95, Vol. 210 Issue 15, p4
Reports on the Accor Group's plan of expanding Sofitel hotel chains. Timetable for the operation; Sofitel as the chain's operator; Importance of Sofitel to Accor's marketing strategy.
- Sofitel stabilizes following struggles. Selwitz, Robert // Hotel & Motel Management;2/1/94, Vol. 209 Issue 2, p4
Reports on the readiness of Sofitel to become one of Europe's top luxury- hotel networks. Acquisition of 30 former Pullman hotels for Sofitel by Sofitel's owner Accor SA; Renovation plans; Operation of 54 hotels in European countries; Operations in locations outside Europe; Plans to expand in...
- Accor may sell majority of catering business. // Hotel & Motel Management;12/12/94, Vol. 209 Issue 21, p1
Reports on the plan of Accor to sell a mojority of its assets by the end of 1995.
- It' news to Novotel. // Lodging Hospitality;Mar94, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p12
Reports on French hotel chain Novotel Worldwide's announcement that it would decentralize authority and empower its employees to make decisions regarding guest satisfaction. Two additional provisions announced.
- Accor plans sale of African hotels. // Hotel & Motel Management;3/20/95, Vol. 210 Issue 5, p58
Reports that the French hotel group Accor plans to sell a majority of its hotel interests in Africa in the coming weeks. Goal of raising funds with which to undertake a restructuring program.
- Accor acquires Australian firm. // Hotel & Motel Management;2/22/93, Vol. 208 Issue 3, p44
Reports on the acquisition of the Australian Resort Hotels Management Group by Accor, a Paris-based hotel company. Addition to Accor's acquisition.