Wanted: Return of pioneering spirit
- Government Administered Workplace Surveys and Industrial Relations in Canada. Chaykowski, Richard P.; Slotsve, George A. // Relations Industrielles / Industrial Relations;Spring2002, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p384
Comments on John Godard's (2001) study of the role of the Workplace and Employee Survey (WES) on industrial relations research, highlighting its application to Canada. General areas and arguments put forward by Godard; Issues associated with the general case on large surveys; Overview of the...
- What? Me Worry? A Reply to Chaykowski and Slotsve. Godard, John // Relations Industrielles / Industrial Relations;Spring2002, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p393
Responds to a commentary made by R.P. Chaykowski and G.A. Slotsve (2002) concerning the role of Workplace and Employment Survey on industrial relations (IR) research. Definition of IR; Strength and weakness of the study; Criteria to evaluate government-sponsored workplace surveys.
- New employer-employee contract replaces loyalty and job security. Belsie, Laurent // Christian Science Monitor;2/21/95, Vol. 87 Issue 59, p8
Analyzes an emerging trend in the relationship between the employer and employee. Contract replacement; Policy moves. INSETS: Jobs in jeopardy.;After the smoke clears..
- Microeconomic research ignored by government and industry. Oswald, Rudy A. // Monthly Labor Review;May81, Vol. 104 Issue 5, p32
Addresses the lack of microeconomic research on U.S. industrial relations. Outline of proposed micro research topics.
- Employee/employer complaints. // Executive Edge Newsletter;Jun97, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p5
Presents the result of a survey on the dislike perception of employees towards their jobs and employers towards their employees. Complaints of the employees towards their jobs; Attitudes of employees disliked by their employers.
- Training not running to schedule. Smith, Anna // Management;Mar97, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p86
Reports that employers are not providing workers with sufficient or relevant training to ensure their continuing `employability' according to studies. Talk about the `new contract'; Study commissioned by Britain's Education and Employment Department; Gains for employers from flexible working;...
- Involvement key. // Business Insurance;06/16/97, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p18L
Focuses on a report `Employee Involvement: A Source of Competitive Advantage,' by the Life Office Management Association, which highlights the need for employees involvement in an insurance company. Outline of the report; Guidelines provided in the report; Contact information for the report.
- Livres reï¿½us. // Relations Industrielles / Industrial Relations;Summer2009, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p550
The article presents a bibliography of books received by the journal including "Why David Sometimes Wins. Leadership, Organization, and Strategy in the California Farm Worker Movement," by Marshall Ganz, "The ILO and the Quest for Social Justice, 1919-2009," by Eddy Lee, Gerry Rodgers, Lee...
- Publications rï¿½centes. // Relations Industrielles / Industrial Relations;Spring2009, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p356
This section presents a bibliography of articles concerning industrial relations, including "Le droit de la durï¿½e du travail, fin d'une ï¿½poque," by Franï¿½oise Favennec-Hï¿½ry in "Droit social," issue 3, March 2009; "Temporary Employment and Strategic Staffing in the...