Benefit likened to US workfare
- READER METER. // Biz941;Jul2012, p11
The article discusses the result of the poll on whether readers will hunt for a new job when the economy looked better which shows that 42% of readers agreed while 25% disagreed.
- Job-hunting expenses may be tax deductible. // Westchester County Business Journal;3/11/96, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p17
Offers an advice from Goodrich & Sherwood Associates chairman Andrew Sherman on deducting job-hunting expenses from taxable income.
- Number of jobseekers in Hungary up in Oct. // Regional Today;11/25/2014, p2
The article discusses increase in Hungary's jobseekers numbers in the month of October 2014 as compared to September 2014, the underutilized job vacancies, and no state government subsidies for some vacancies.
- The New Reality Facing Job Seekers. O'Leary, Noreen // Adweek;3/2/2009, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p4
The article examines employment conditions at advertising agencies. Many leading agencies have made layoffs in 2009 and more have issued hiring freezes. Employees seeking new jobs can expect to find them only at lower salaries and reduced responsibilities. This is especially true of senior...
- TOP 10 JOB BOARDS -- COMSCORE. // Recruiter;8/12/2009, p12
The article reports on the top 10 career services and development sites ranked by internet visitors in Great Britain as June 2009. It lists a total of 36,878,000 Internet audience and around 9,335,000 career services and development site visitors who are seeking for jobs across the country. It...
- Work trial drive makes no impact. // Regeneration & Renewal;11/9/2009, p9
The article reports on the failure of the government campaign to increase the number of jobseeker's allowance (JSA) claimants who took part the short-term work trials in Great Britain. Employment Minister Jim Knight, in his report to the Parliament, says that around 11,239 work trials had been...
- Pay It Forward.... Hunter, Kenneth // PA Times;Oct2008, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p19
The article offers advice for a cost-benefit employment evaluation for newly-graduate professionals, particularly in public administration. It notes that understanding that determining the level of direct compensation as the last part is the key to effective economic evaluation. Moreover, it...
- Workshop offers support for planners searching for jobs. Sheridan, Chris // Planning (14672073);7/23/2010, Issue 1878, p24
The article offers information on a workshop organised by RTPI North East and Newcastle University school of architecture, planning and landscape that offers support for planners and graduates struggling to find employment in the present economic climate.
- Reflexiones de VERANO. Corominas, Ricardo // Capital Humano;Sep2009, Vol. 22 Issue 235, p131
The article focuses on the the summer months as an important time period for reflecting on work environments, the balance between work and personal lives, and free time. It discusses the effects that the economic crisis has had on the job market and several options for searching for new jobs.