Schools to offer GNVQs in 14-16 age category
- Development of Performance Standards: A Practical Guide. Brown, Dan G. // Public Personnel Management;Summer87, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p93
Focuses on the performance standards in Denver, Colorado. Outline of the broad training format by the Denver Career Service Authority; Component of the format on training courses; Sample of standards from the simulation exercise.
- Testing the Constancy of Validity With Computer-Generated Sampling Distributions of the Multiplicative Model Variance Estimate: Results for Petroleum Industry Validation Research. Callender, John C.; Osburn, H.G. // Journal of Applied Psychology;Jun81, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p274
Describes an approach to the problem of testing for situation specificity of validity with known probability of Type I error. Criterion reliability data for tests predicting job performance and training performance; Existence of variation in true validities for job performance and for training...
- MÃ¡s formaciÃ³n, receta contra el desempleo y la crisis econÃ³mica. // Capital Humano;Sep2009, Vol. 22 Issue 235, p9
The article discusses the need for increased training and quality standards for job posts.
- US crane tragedy: was human or mechanical error to blame? // PMJ: Plant Managers Journal;Apr2008, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p6
The article focuses on criticisms against the U.S. industry training standards following the death of seven people when a crane plunged from the New York skyline on to a town house. American crane expert and general manager of the Crane Inspection and Certification Bureau John Cole said...
- A national standard for entry into general practice: Practical and symbolic benefits. Carney, Tim // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);12/12/92, Vol. 305 Issue 6867, p1449
Examines the implications of a national standard for general practice and vocational training in Great Britain. Absence of final summarized assessment; Question on the timing and purpose as an end point assessment; Failure rate of the assessment.
- NCUTE programme on testing standards. // Indian Textile Journal;May2004, Vol. 114 Issue 8, p110
This article reports on the Nodal Center for Upgradation of Textile Education Training Programme on International Testing Standards for Textiles conducted in Maharashtra, India in January 2004. The programme was successfully conducted for two days and the chief guest, professor C. D. Kane,...
- Set Up Ongoing Training. Larson, Melissa // Quality;Dec99, Vol. 38 Issue 13, p56
Part XI. Presents tips on how to prepare for the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9000 Series which focused on Element 4.18 that requires job training. Types of internal training that is compliant with the ISO 9000; Who should perform the training; How will an auditor check...
- The Massage-Education Infection. Coleman, Slash // Massage Magazine;Jul2006, Issue 123, p24
The article discusses the need to have national standards for massage therapists and for the schools that are teaching them in the United States. It describes how career institutes are harming the profession by producing graduates who are not adequately prepared for a real work environment....
- Texas Toughening Standards for Teacher Training Programs. MELLON, ERIKA // Community College Week;11/30/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p20
The article discusses the efforts of the state of Texas in the U.S. to strengthen their teacher training programs. The state raises its standards for the colleges of education by proposing a rating system that would hold their programs accountable for their graduates' job performance basing on...