All work and no play is not always best for CPD
- Pass Notes. Whittaker, Judy // People Management;10/1/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 19, p36
Explains the pilot programs for the Institute of Personnel and Development's core management standards. Highlights on the key issues that will confront managers on the course; Qualification requirements of the course; List of topics and issues to be discussed on the course; How to manage people...
- IPD aims to stimulate personal motivation. Pierce, David // People Management;03/20/97, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p58
Focuses on continuing professional development (CPD) model. Matrix model of CPD; Important sources of CPD; Aim of CPD model; Objective of Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD) about the model. INSET: May examinations..
- To IE or not to IE: The graduate degree question. Elliott, Monica // IIE Solutions;Sep2001, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p28
Discusses the question of earning a business or industrial engineering degree to get ahead in a corporate environment. Estimated number of chief executives in the United States' largest 1,000 companies that have a master of business administration degree; Suggestion to people planning to get a...
- How's it going? Williams, Christine // People Management;01/28/99, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p68
Announces that corporate members of the Institute of Personnel and Development will receive a questionnaire about their learning and development. Format of the continuing professional development survey; Use of the feedback from the 1998's survey; Aim of the survey.
- Assessing the usefulness of development activities. // People Management;4/20/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 8, p57
Explains how the Institute of Personnel and Development can help members with queries about the appropriateness of their continuing professional development (CPD) activities. How questioning each activity makes a useful record; Significance and implication of the record samples.
- Keeping Up. Emery, Erin // Environmental Design & Construction;Jul2011, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p18
The article discusses the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Accredited Professional (AP) and Geeen Associate credentials in the green building industry and the growth opportunities for LEED AP. It states that LEED Green Associate focus on professionals involved in the industry...
- EXPLORING AN INTEGRAL FRAMEWORK ON CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION. UDANI, ZENON ARTHUR SILORAN; UDANI, DELIA SILORAN // Euro Asia Journal of Management;Dec2012, Vol. 22 Issue 1/2, p101
Continuing professional education (CPE) focuses on both professional and personal development. Employees need technical expertise and ethical excellence to progress. In this regard, professional associations serve as a channel for realizing CPE. These associations have the potential role of...
- stay smart. Burek, Doug // Canadian Transportation & Logistics;Sep2010, Vol. 113 Issue 9, p20
The article discusses the significance of continuing education for supply chain professionals. It emphasizes that formal education in the international transportation and trade field has become the entry point to professional status. It further stresses that staying current by attending...
- INFORMATION EVENING. // People Management;12/29/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 25, p48
The article announces that the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) will host an information evening for people seeking a flexible approach when studying for the professional development scheme of CIPD. The event will take place at the Manning House offices of CIPD in London,...