Why delayering also flattens staff morale and ambition
- New mechanism of professional competence development of the teacher. Sapanova, G. A. // Contemporary Higher Education: Innovative Aspects / Sovremennaia;Oct2012, Issue 4, p239
This article is about new mechanism of professional competence of teachers at the level of the state policy of Kazakhstan, through the modernized system of professional development, and about introduction of monitoring of the professional competence system as integrity.
- Sales Managers or Sales Leaders? Greenberg, Herb; Sweeney, Patrick // T+D;Nov2012, Vol. 66 Issue 11, p62
The article examines research on leadership and sales personnel. A study indicating that senior executives shared more personality traits with sales personnel than with middle managers and other less senior executives is discussed. These traits include competitive motivation, persuasiveness and...
- Executive Commentary. Williamson, Addie Perkins // Academy of Management Executive;May94, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p64
In this article the author discusses the concept of career development. She draws on her experience with American Express and relays some important tips for employees seeking to climb the corporate ladder. She discusses the importance being a competent employee and doing the job you're assigned...
- Managing Change Problems: A Case Study of Some Neglected Leadership Challenges. Schermerhorn Jr., John R.; Barrilleaux, Louis E. // Academy of Management Proceedings (00650668);1978, p137
The literature on organization change tends to overlook the leadership challenges associated with the "management" of change programs. This paper analyzes the formative period of an education management development program to establish insight in this regard. The case is especially interesting...
- EXECUTIVE TRAINING IN DEPARTMENT STORES. Beckley, Donald K. // Journal of Marketing;Jan1952 Part 1, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p337
The article discusses aspects of executive training in U.S. department stores. Two types of executive training programs are discussed, on-the-job training and the training squad. Training squads offer an indoctrination of store principles and operating procedures. The purpose of these programs...
- Focusing on the changing face of career management. Guest, David // People Management;11/2/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 22, p51
Explains the research work of the department of organizational psychology at Birkbeck College. Focus of the research; Specific issues included in the research; Research revelations; Effect of organizational changes.
- Knowledge, International Mobility, and Careers. Bonache, Jaime; Brewster, Chris; Suutari, Vesa // International Studies of Management & Organization;Fall2007, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p3
The article discusses various reports contained in this issue of the journal including "Predicting Stickiness Factors in the International Transfer of Knowledge Through Expatriates," by Kimmo Riusala and Adam Smale and "The Protean career," by Marian Crowley-Henry.
- BeschÃ¤ftigte wollen Karriereperspektiven. // Lebensmittel Zeitung;5/23/2014, Issue 21, p52
The article reviews the results of a research study which shows that German employees are not happy with the career perspectives at their jobs.
- Women in middle management: Their career development and... Wentling, Rose Mary // Business Horizons;Jan/Feb92, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p47
Presents a study that included personal interviews with women holding middle-level management positions in Fortune companies located in the Midwest. Focus of the interview; Description of study participants; Factors that assisted career development; Factors that hinder career development;...