- Comp benefit offset rejected. Lenckus, Dave // Business Insurance;8/26/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 34, p1
Reports a court ruling offsetting federal longshoreman workers compensation benefits of an injured worker by settlements in San Francisco, California. Inequities of the Longshore and Harbor Workers' Compensation Act; Aggregation of the rule; Provisions of the act.
- Be careful when hiring, firing . . . and other legal pointers. Scheider, Darlene // Wenatchee Business Journal;Jan2003, Vol. 17 Issue 1, pC7
Analyzes several court decisions concerning employment cases in Wenatchee, Washington state. Right of every employers to discharge employees without cause according to Washington common law; Cautious employers about giving job references; Overview of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Franczek-Sullivan labor & employment report. Hall, Pamela B.; Dillon, Erika // Corporate Legal Times;Oct96, Vol. 6 Issue 59, p49
Presents various United States' (U.S.) courts rulings pertaining to labor and employment issues. Information on the ruling in the case `Eckles versus Consolidated Rail, 1996 U.S. Appeals LEXIS 20403 (7th Circuit August 14, 1996); Examples of other cases and rulings.
- Wages against the machine. Aikin, Olga // People Management;9/27/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p19
Presents several court rulings on cases related to wages in Great Britain. Dunlop Tyres Ltd. versus Blow and others; Laird versus A.K. Stoddard Ltd.; Unifi versus Union Bank of Nigeria Plc; Highlights of the cases.
- OHIO LABOR LAW UPHELD ON APPEAL. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/15/2001, Vol. 247 Issue 16, p15
Reports the ruling of the court of labor agreements on state-funded projects in Ohio. Legality of the Open Contracting Act; Details of the law; Implications of the law.
- Legal Q & A Agency workers. Willmott, Ben; Grocott, Charlotte // Personnel Today;5/13/2003, p13
This article presents answers to queries related to human resource management. A string of cases in the EAT suggested that workers supplied through agencies would not be employees of the client company. The Court of Appeal has opened a door for tribunals to look beyond the formal contractual...
- LABOUR LAW CASES. // Eastern Worker;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p7
The article provides a review of several court judgments for labor law cases in Pakistan as of April 2014. Topics discussed include rulings for cases involving the Payment of Wages Act (IV of 1936), the Industrial Relations Ordinance (XXIII of 1969), and the Industrial and Commercial Employment...
- The Conflict of Laws and Workmen's Compensation. Dunlap, David C. // California Law Review;May35, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p381
Analyzes several aspect of conflict of laws in the compensation of workers in the U.S. in May 1935. Details on a problem regarding a worker seeking for injury compensation while assigned in a different state; Theories in the development of court decisions; Constitutionality of applying local rules.
- Wages...Hours. // Labor Law Journal;Jul59, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p505
The article presents several rulings, decisions and problems related to wages and hours of labor. Prior to trial, the government was permitted to inspect and copy the payroll records of an employer charged with violating the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) where the information necessary to...