Threat to safety fuels Shell UK's tougher drug controls
- IN BRIEF. // ENDS (Environmental Data Services);Dec2010, Issue 431, p22
This section offers news briefs about environmental protection in Great Britain including the prosecution of Shell (UK) Ltd. over an explosion and fire at a natural gas reception and processing facility in 2008, and plans of the Campaign for Clean Air in London (CCAL) to seek a judicial review...
- Shell UK launches standalone store. Conley, Clare // Marketing Week;4/30/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p5
Focuses on the launching of a convenience store without a petrol forecourt, by Shell UK. Reference to the store brand named as Shell Select; Relation to the emphasis being on fresh food in the store; Comments from Mike Harle, Shell retail development manager for United Kingdom and Ireland;...
- Shell UK team winners of Management Game. // Accountancy;Sep78, Vol. 89 Issue 1021, p4
Focuses on the recognition of Shell U.K. Ltd. team as winner of the 1978 National Management Game in Great Britain. Importance of management skills; Prizes awarded to the company; Sponsor of the event.
- Shell joins Multimap to run online campaign. // Marketing Week;4/9/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 15, p18
The article reports that Shell UK Ltd. has signed a partnership deal with Multimap, the Microsoft-owned online mapping service, under which Multimap will run a nine-month online marketing campaign to promote Shell's petrol station across Great Britain.
- Brent Spar revisited. Hunter, David // Chemical Week;9/13/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 9, p3
Opinion. Takes another look at Greenpeace's efforts to stop Shell U.K. from scuttling the company's North Sea oil storage platform Brent Spar. Greenpeace apology for mistaken claims; Public aversion toward allowing Shell to dump its obsolete equipment in the ocean; Need for industry to be...
- Shell oils its life practices. // Employee Benefits;Jul2002, p7
Discusses the work and life balance policies for employees at Shell UK Oil Products in the United Kingdom in 2002. Complaints of staff; Findings from a work and life balance survey in 2001; Overview of the policies; Discussion on how skepticism from managers were addressed.
- LAW BRIEFS. // Supply Management;5/13/2010, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p15
This section offers law news briefs of interest to the supply management sector, including the promise of the European Commission to re-examine the European Union (EU) purchasing rules, the exemption of Shell UK from EU utility procurement rules and a court ruling which declared that a deal's...
- Technip awarded contract to provide onshore FEED for commercial gas carbon capture and storage project in Scotland. // World Energy News;3/5/2014, p14
The article reports that oil and gas company Shell UK Ltd. has awarded a contract to project management company Technip SA to provide front-end engineering design (FEED) for commercial gas carbon capture and storage project in Aberdeenshire, Scotland.
- Safety experts slam Shell. // Process Engineering;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 92 Issue 4, p7
The article reports on the order issued by the Ipswich Crown Court to Shell UK Ltd. to pay fines and costs of about 1.24 million pounds over an explosion and fire at its Bacton gas terminal in Norfolk, England.