Shephard hits back at skills gap criticism
- CAMP classroom factories boosted by $5MM grant. Prizinsky, David // Crain's Cleveland Business;6/20/94, Vol. 15 Issue 25, p3
Offers a look into the Cleveland Advanced Manufacturing Program (CAMP). Mechanics of `teaching factories'; Student population plans; Teaching factory history and development; Grant funded.
- The dumbing down of hires. // American Printer;Jan97, Vol. 218 Issue 4, p10
Reports on the decreasing quality of skilled workers being produced by the American educational system. Ongoing cognitive collapse; Growth of internal training by firms in response to the trend; Four factors driving skill-building programs.
- A skilled workforce is the target. Davis, Peter // Management Today;Sep95, p5
Examines the need for national targets to provide a benchmark against which business performance in training and development can be assessed. Integration of core skills and qualifications at all levels of education; Demand for higher-level skills in international business; Government's role and...
- Needs must:. // Utility Week;10/14/2011, p8
The article reports on the 600,000 British pounds secured by RenewableUK from its members to create a new organisation called the Renewables Trading Network that aims to tackle skills shortages.
- Low-skills cost 'sickly UK' dear. Cooper, Cathy // People Management;7/26/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 15, p6
Focuses on the executive briefing `The Future of Learning for Work,' which addresses the need of companies to provide training for employees in Great Britain.
- Arcelor, Community Colleges Establish Program to Train Steelworkers of the Future. Harris, Linda // State Journal (WV);3/18/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p16
A description of the course "Steelworkers for the Future" training initiative being offered at the West Virginia Northern Community College and Eastern Gateway Community College is provided.
- Holland's M-TEC Shows Collaborative Effort. Rent, Katy // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/09/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p27
Reports on the establishment of the Michigan Technical Education Center in Holland, Michigan, by the Michigan Economic Development Corp., Ottawa County Michigan Works, Grand Rapids Community College and the Ottawa Area Intermediate School District. Launch of the center in October 2000; Training...
- Putting the sector under scrutiny. Caine, Dinah // New Media Age;8/22/2002, p23
Comments on the training of skilled workers in Great Britain. Reason for the low productivity of Britain; Information on the Sector Skills Councils established by the British government; Skill shortages in the interactive media sector.
- Training the Vietnamese. Agnelly, Robert L. // Training & Development Journal;Sep72, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p36
Reports on the efforts of the Vietnamese government, with the cooperation of the United States, to build a skilled workforce in the country. Number of schools in the country; Impact of the war on the nation's educational system; Major problems involved in the building of an effective training...