News & analysis
- Jobs with Justice. Peterson, Chris // Green Left Weekly;3/9/2011, Issue 871, p5
The article reports on the protest of 200 people, which is organised by the Melbourne Anti-Intervention Collective, against the Northern Territory (NT) intervention and demanded an end to the exploitation of Aboriginal workers in the NT on March 4, 2011.
- Lack of communication?... James, Trent // San Diego Business Journal;1/22/96, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p7
Presents a photograph of the picketing members of Communication Workers of America Local 950g outside the Pacific Bell Network Operations Center in San Diego, California on January 17, 1996.
- STAGEHANDS' STAND. Cox, Gordon // Daily Variety;9/12/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 51, p3
The article reports on the picket made by Local One of the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees (IATSE), in front of New York City venue Merkin Hall when contract talks with the management of the site was stalled.
- 'Caught in a bad contract'. // Bay Area Reporter;5/13/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 19, p1
The article reports on the protest made by the hotel workers which was held outside the Grand Hyatt Hotel in San Francisco, California on May 8, 2010 as part of an informational campaign to LGBT travelers who come to San Francisco for Pride events.
- LAPL staff protest Sunday hrs. without extra pay. // Library Journal;9/15/1976, Vol. 101 Issue 16, p1816
Reports on the picket protest launch by library employees in Los Angeles, California in objection to the proposal of the Los Angeles Board of Library Commission that would have library staff work Sundays on arbitrary assignments with no additional compensatory pay. Reasons behind the...
- Lien on: The story of the elimination and return of mechanic lien, stop notice and bond remedies.... Sackman, J. David // Berkeley Journal of Employment & Labor Law;1999, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p254
Argues against the preemption of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) on the mechanic lien law of California. History of the mechanic lien law; Effects of the ERISA on mechanic liens, stop notices, and bonds; Supreme Court decision on ERISA preemption; Discrimination of...
- symposium. Hill, Catherine; Biggs, Andrew G. // Insight on the News;12/11/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 46, p40
Highlights a debate on whether the privatization of Social Security will shortchange employees in the United States. Effect of the privatization on retirement income; Benefits of the privatization.
- Soc. Sec. joins education effort. // Employee Benefit News;Dec2000, Vol. 14 Issue 14, p7
Announces that employees in the United States (U.S.) aged 55 and older will start receiving inserts on retirement planning along with their Social Security statements. Number of people that will receive the inserts; Retirement topics discussed by the inserts; Knowledge of employees in the U.S....
- State and local government workers covered under Social Security, 1987. Long, Wayne S. // Social Security Bulletin;Summer92, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p43
Provides data on Social Security coverage provided to state and government employees under the 1991 Social Security Act in the United States. Three sets of coverage estimates for state and local government employment; Extent of coverage from state to state and on selected demographic...