- Executive Education Minus the MBA. Kranz, Garry // Workforce;Oct2013, Vol. 92 Issue 10, p34
The article reports that according to Global Leadership Forecast 2011, only 18 percent of companies say they have sufficient leadership depth for sustained growth.
- GETTING TO GROWTH: THE ORGANIZATION AS ITS OWN WORST ENEMY. Liedtka, Jeanne; Rosen, Bob; Wiltbank, Rob // Ivey Business Journal;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p9
The article focuses on the findings of a research regarding the factors that have hampered the business skills of executives. The research, conducted on the executives of several established corporations, revealed that the organization's system, culture, and processes hindered the ability of...
- From the Editor. Santora, Joseph C. // International Leadership Journal;Summer2014, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p2
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including cross-cultural differences in leadership schemas, impact of perceptions of organizational leadership, and relation between emotional intelligence (EI) and transformational leadership.
- Managerial Competencies: Comparing Conventional and Islamic Perspectives. Nik Ab Rahman, Nik Mutasim; Abdullah, Nur Atiqah; Mat, Norazila; Adham, Khairul Akmaliah // Jurnal Pengurusan;2014, Vol. 41, p91
The objective of this article is to share the authors 'understanding of the concept of managerial or executive competencies from the Islamic perspective. The paper discusses managerial competencies models developed by Western researchers and compares them with the Islamic models. The striking...
- Is IT Being Shut Out of Key Tech Decisions? McCafferty, Dennis // Baseline;5/9/2014, p2
The article discusses the survey findings conducted by Avanade Inc., a joint-venture company between Accenture Co. and Microsoft Corp., evaluating the developments of executives and business leaders on independence in terms of decision-making and budget-spending processes for business success.
- Shaping of Competencies of Managers in Academic Incubators of Entrepreneurship in Poland. Kurowska-Pysz, Joanna // Organizacija;Feb2014, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p52
Background and purpose: Participation of future entrepreneurs in Academic Incubators of Entrepreneurship (AIE) in Poland is one of the innovative paths to shape their managerial competences. The aim of the paper is to analyse and evaluate the activities of the AlEs as an environment inside of...
- Using Multisource Feedback Coaching Effectively in Executive Education. HOOIJBERG, ROBERT; LANE, NANCY // Academy of Management Learning & Education;Dec2009, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p483
Many executive education programs that are focused on leadership now use multisource feedback. Both the faculty and clients then hope that providing this feedback will lead to performance improvements. Multisource feedback research has shown, however, that the extent to which improvement occurs...
- Development trajectories of Finnish managers' work ability over a 10-year follow-up period. Feldt, Taru; Hyv�nen, Katriina; M�kikangas, Anne; Kinnunen, UIla; Kokko, Katja // Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment & Health;Jan2009, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p37
The article presents a study which investigates the work ability development trajectories of Finnish managers over a 10-year period. It also examines the differences in retirement age in the detected trajectory groups. Work ability that is consistently excellent, good but declining, and declined...
- Managerial Responsibilities of the Contemporary Fire Chief. Fleming, Robert S.; Zhu, Faye X. // Journal of Global Business Issues;Summer/Fall2009, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p57
This study examined the managerial responsibilities of the contemporary fire chief, as perceived by position incumbents. The contemporary fire department has a mission-critical role within the jurisdiction it serves to ensure that its "first responders" are prepared to effectively, efficiently,...