- Managing your most valuable resource: Your staff. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;11/1/99, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p60
Discusses the strategies used by six United States magazine industry executives for attracting, retaining and managing staff in an increasingly competitive environment. Diversity challenge; Creation of competitive compensation packages; Identification and nurture of talents.
- HR books available. // South Carolina Business Journal;Sept94, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p4
Announces the availability of a catalog of books for human resources professionals at the Bureau of National Affairs in South Carolina. Contact information.
- 'ProJo' ruling may reignite talks. Strupp, Joe // Editor & Publisher;9/23/2002, Vol. 135 Issue 34, p5
Reports the consequences from the court rulings on the unfair labor practices of 'The Providence Journal' in the U.S. Threat to the relation of the publisher with the Providence Newspaper Guild-CWA; Terms of the labor agreement; Unilateral changes in pay, health coverage and vacation policy.
- Eiffert, Schneider join WBJ team. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Sep2002, Vol. 16 Issue 9, pA3
Cites personnel movement at 'The Wenatchee Business Journal' publication based in Wenatchee, Washington, as of September 2002. Appointment of Josh Eiffert as advertising representative; Appointment of reporter Darlene Schneider as member of the journal's editorial team.
- Editor's desk. Roth, Jill // American Printer;Nov96, Vol. 218 Issue 2, p8
Focuses on the importance of the contributions of the staff to the success of a magazine. Bob Nelson's book `1001 Ways to Reward Employees'; Reward suggestions from author's staff of the `American Printer' magazine.
- TONY'S TALE. V. L. // Conference Board Review;Summer2012, p31
The article presents the story of Tony, a publicist at a major book publisher who was continuously harangued by his boss and eventually fired after he consulted with a Human Resources staff.
- Saluting seven top managers. Rosenberg, Jim // Editor & Publisher;Sept2007, Vol. 140 Issue 9, p22
The article presents information on the 2007 E&P Production All Stars which salutes seven top newspaper managers. Candidates are evaluated in terms of their contributions to major building and equipment projects and responsibility for commercial printing. Three other characteristics kept turning...
- WHAT WOULD MADONNA DO? Dumenco, Simon // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Jan2003 Supplement, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p87
Editorial. Offers pieces of advice on the methods of staffing in magazine publishing. Details on editorial assignment of an advertising critic in a magazine; Role of senior editors in editing; Considerations in staff management.
- Random House trade sales to reorganize. // Publishers Weekly;5/11/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 19, p15
Reports that Random House will combine its sales forces with Knopf and Crown publishing groups. Details of plan; Ballantine sales force not affected; Goal of plan; Comments of Betty Fairchild, director of field sales; No plans to reduce staff; Promotions at Ballantine.