Bureau leads good practice
- Assistive Technology Makes the Difference. // Workforce (10928332);Aug2002, Vol. 81 Issue 8, p40
Focuses on a study conducted by the National Center for Disability Services which found that the availability and use of assistive technology are critical factors in the employment success of individuals with disabilities. Tools commonly used by those interviewed in the study.
- Other Adaptive Technologies Used By People with Disabilities. // Workforce (10928332);Aug2002, Vol. 81 Issue 8, p41
Lists adaptive technologies used by handicapped employees. Mouse and keyboard options; Scanner; Talking calculator.
- Firms hire fewer disabled people in unskilled jobs. Overell, Stephen // People Management;11/16/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 23, p10
Reports concerning the future of disabled workers in the temporary labor market. Causes of discrimination against disabled workers; Argument of Employment's Forum on Disability (EFD) on disability discrimination bill.
- Sustainability. Kearns, Dan // People Management;01/22/98, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p40
Deals with the low attention given by most employers in Great Britain for job retention of ill, injured or disabled employees. Types of employees whose job may be jeopardized by disability; Solutions to deal with the difficulty in adopting job retention strategies of disabled employees;...
- A research based innovative placement program. Vandergoot, David; Wenzel, Victoria // American Rehabilitation;Autumn90, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p2
Shows how research findings can be integrated into a service delivery system for people with disabilities and professionals. Goal of Innovative Placement Program; Services that are included in the program; Tailoring the innovative placement model; Other studies revealing differences in...
- Competitive employment strategies in the era of ADA... Morrison, Malcolm H. // American Rehabilitation;Winter90, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p3
Discusses how the competitive employment strategies can be enhanced and linked to tomorrow's employment requirements. Challenges faced by the field of vocational rehabilitation; Analysis on American with Disabilities Act; Diversity of rehabilitation needs; Guides and examples of the kinds of...
- Employment opportunities for people with disabilities in the years to come. Kiernan, William E.; Lynch, Sheila // American Rehabilitation;Autumn92, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p12
Looks at the changes which affect the attainment of the National Education Goals and the assessing and maintenance of productive employment in economy for people with disabilities. Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990; General trends; Population and economic trends; Measuring the impact of...
- The role of the entrepreneur in job placement. White, Stephen; Bond, Michael R. // American Rehabilitation;Winter92, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p17
Provides a proven framework for adapting the practices of the entrepreneur to the field of rehabilitation job placement. Formal marketing plans and support systems for employees; The workplace of the future; The role of the entrepreneur; Center on Education and Training for Employment; Americans...
- Education-industry collaboration: Guidelines for complying with the Fair Labor Standards Act. Halloran, William D.; Johnson, Wendell // American Rehabilitation;Winter92, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p21
Describes guidelines issued prior to the start of the 1992-93 school year by the US Department of Education (ED) and DOL (US Department of Education, 1992) for criteria to be met by education agencies to ensure that programs operate in compliance with FLSA (Fair Labor Standards Act). FLSA's...