Improving access to the workplace
- Disability jobs scheme to escape Whitehall axe. // Community Care;6/24/2010, Issue 1824, p6
The article reports that the British Government would establish a separate employment support scheme for disabled people.
- Low-cost solutions to ADA. // Supervisory Management;Sep93, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p4
Announces the availability of low-cost ideas beneficial to disabled employees in the workplace. President's Committee on Employment of People with Disabilities; Contact information.
- Disability policy: An analysis of the employment of people with disabilities in the American... Kim, Pan S. // Public Personnel Management;Spring96, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p73
Assesses the employment of people with disabilities in the United States federal government. Levels of employment and advancement; Federal policies and implications.
- Supported employment: Does it really work? Liebman, Judith // Re:View;Summer90, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p84
Focuses on various aspects of government policy regarding the concept of supported employment. New Jersey Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired; Solving early problems; Employment results; Expectations. INSET: Supported employment..
- EEOC offers guidance on mental disabilities. Kazel, Robert // Business Insurance;05/05/97, Vol. 31 Issue 18, p1
Presents information on guidelines which were set up by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) for persons with disabilities. Information on the guidelines; What impact will this have on disable persons who are seeking employment; Problems which the guidelines can cause; Provisions...
- PERMITTED TO WORK. Vaux, Gary // Community Care;5/23/2002, Issue 1423, p44
Reports on the replacement of the therapeutic earnings rules by the permitted work rules, which allow disabled people in Great Britain to try some paid work without the need for prior approval from a doctor, in April 2002. Terms under the new rules; Area that left unchanged in the old rules;...
- Recruitment practices for disabled need review. DOKE, DEEDEE // Recruiter;9/21/2011, p5
The article discusses recruitment issues for disabled candidates in Great Britain and indicates the need to make changes in government policy to support disabled people applying for any role in any sector.
- Killing two birds with one stone. Heine, Alicia // Business Insurance;5/16/94, Vol. 28 Issue 20, p33
Opinion. Discusses self-funded benefits to disabled employees under the Financial Accounting Standard (FAS) 112. Establishment of guidelines for employers that provide post-employment disability-related benefits to former or inactive employees; Fiscal impact on a company's financial position;...
- Basic Skills and Labor Market Success: Findings from the VR Longitudinal Study. Schmidt-Davis, Holly; Hayward, Becky J.; Kay Jr., Harold B. // American Rehabilitation;Winter99/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p11
Examines the data of the `Longitudinal Study of the Vocational Rehabilitation Services Program,' sponsored by the United States Rehabilitation Services Administration. Method used in analyzing the educational and earnings level of employed handicapped; Educational characteristics based on...