Self-assessment to place burden on organisations
- An inspector calls. Berwick, Phil // Commercial Motor;1/13/2005, Vol. 201 Issue 5111, p34
Offers advice for business enterprises on responding to inquiries by the British Inland Revenue. Concerns of the British Inland Revenue regarding its inquiries; Provision of private bank statements; Meeting of the taxpayer with an inspector.
- Revenue reorganisation. // Accountancy;Feb1984, Vol. 95 Issue 1086, p21
Reports on the third and final stage of the reorganization of the collection system of the British Inland Revenue.
- PAYE 'K' codes. Greene, Chris; Maddalena, Christina // Accountancy;Dec1991, Vol. 108 Issue 1180, p52
Reports that the introduction of PAYE 'K' codes by the British Inland Revenue has been approved by the Treasury. Use of the codes to enable tax to be collected during the tax year in cases where PAYE deductions can not be made.
- CUMULATIVE INDEX. Lazda, Angela // Accountancy;Apr98, Vol. 121 Issue 1256, p87
Supports the British Inland Revenue's electronic lodgment service (ELS) for tax collection. Features and capabilities of the ELS; Advantages for taxpayers.
- Employer subsidised nurseries. Eastaway, Nigel; Livens, Leslie; Burwood, Stephen // Accountancy;Jun85, Vol. 96 Issue 1102, p28
Reports on the announcement by the British government that the Inland Revenue will not collect tax from higher paid employees and directors, on the benefit of nursery facilities provided by employers, for the period up to April 5, 1985. Requirements to qualify for the free period; Repayment of...
- Institute criticises dual resident company proposals. // Accountancy;Apr87, Vol. 99 Issue 1124, p56
Reports that the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales has submitted its response to the British Inland Revenue's consultative document on the taxation of international business and dual resident companies. Reasons for opposing the principle of legislation; Definition of a...
- Triple decker tax. Jenkins, Derek // Financial Management;Sep2001, p15
Provides information on consultative papers published by Great Britain's Inland Revenue on corporate taxation. Proposal for the reform of large business taxation; Proposal to reform the taxation of corporate debt; Consequence of a change in the definition of convertible debt and asset-linked debt.
- Arrangements and options. Greene, Chris; Maddalena, Christina // Accountancy;Mar1993, Vol. 111 Issue 1195, p92
Focuses on the Inland Revenue's revised Statement of Practice SP 3/93 and an extra-statutory concession which clarifies the terms 'arrangements' and 'option arrangements,' as used in various tax provisions relating to groups of companies in Great Britain. Highlights of the Statement of...
- Confidential correspondence under scrutiny. // Accountancy;Jun99, Vol. 123 Issue 1270, p10
Reports that the British Inland Revenue has gained powers to access correspondence between companies and their professional advisers. Ruling in the case `An Applicant v. An Inspector of Taxes'; Taxpayers' ordinary right to legal professional privilege.