Why co-operation in the New Year will pay
- Getting your point across can be tricky. Jones, Tom // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;05/04/98, Issue 322298, p6
Offers advice on improving communication between management and rank-and-file employees. Importance of making one's intentions clear right from the start; Creation of opportunities for increasing face-to-face communication; Pitfalls of relying too much on non-verbal communication.
- Companies communicate through newsletters. Grubbs, Nicole // Inside Tucson Business;4/29/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p16
Focuses on the use of newsletter in communicating with employees from various company in Tucson, Arizona. Importance of employees informed of happenings; Methods of communications; Improvement of communication towards employees.
- Handling communication problems. Weiss, W.H. // Supervision;Mar94, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p17
Presents some suggestions for handling communication problems in the workplace. Promotion of upward communication; Dos and dont's for easily carrying on a conversation; Improvement of verbal communication skills; Categories where information can be classified when deciding what to pass on to...
- Make sure you hear the entire message. Pollock, Ted // Supervision;Aug94, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p25
Gives tips for managers on cultivating good listening habits.
- Check your communications. Pollock, Ted // Supervision;Aug94, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p25
Gives tips in communicating with subordinates. Importance of being specific; Subordinates' communications with each other.
- Failure's four friends. Birchard, Paul // Supervision;Mar96, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p6
Discusses four problems which hinder communication with employees. Fear of employees on non-competitive clauses in their contracts; Existence of negative rumors; Indecision of management; Promotion of young and older employees.
- What's the buzz? Sorohan, Erica Gordon // Training & Development;May95, Vol. 49 Issue 5, p7
Focuses on the use of appropriate words when describing corporate philosophies and plans to employee groups. Differences in employees' perception of corporate change; Importance of conveying corporate change through use of words that appeal to a particular group.
- How to make sure employees hear your message. // Public Relations Tactics;Dec95, Vol. 2 Issue 12, p17
Focuses on communications between management and employees. Importance on internal communications; Rules for effective employee relations; Manager behaviors for building employees' trust.
- Give your employees the business. Ferguson, Gary // Public Relations Tactics;Aug98, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p6
Opinion. Discusses the importance of employee communications. Reference to Roger D'Aprix's book `Communicating for Change: Connecting the Workplace with the Marketplace'; Examination of employers' responsibilities to their employees; Why it is important for employee communications professionals...
- Are you really technoliterate? // Personnel Journal;Jul95, Vol. 74 Issue 7, p17
Presents a questionnaire on the role of technology in the human resources profession.