Pioneering chronicler of UK industrial relations
- Hugh Clegg: recollections of a great editor. Hill, Austin Bradford // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/3/90, Vol. 301 Issue 6754, p752
Profiles the late Clegg Hugh, former editor of the 'British Medical Journal' in Great Britain. Preference for scientific papers beneficial to medical practitioners; Praises for the friendship shared with colleagues; Qualities possessed in leading the British Medical Association. INSETS:...
- An editor of genius. Lock, Stephen // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);7/16/1983, Vol. 287 Issue 6386, p166
Reports on medical genius editors in the name of Hugh Clegg of British Medical Journal (BMJ) and Theodore Fox of Lancet. Background of the two geniuses; Death of Hugh Clegg at the age of 83; Independence of the BMJ.
- In Praise of Collective Bargaining: The Enduring Significance of Hugh Clegg's Trade Unionism under Collective Bargaining. Sisson, Keith // Historical Studies in Industrial Relations;9/1/2015, Issue 36, p137
Hugh Clegg's Trade Unionism under Collective Bargaining was published nearly forty years ago. It is far from being just a work of antiquarian interest, however. Its core argument, that the main influence on trade-union behaviour is the structure of collective bargaining, which depends on the...
- Life in the slow lane. Leblang, Judah // Bay Windows;5/9/2013, Vol. 31 Issue 22, p7
A personal narrative is presented which explores author's experience of losing his loved ones and relatives to death.
- Oak Hill Worker Found Dead. // Trammel Trace Tribune (Tatum, TX);5/21/2009, Vol. 34 Issue 21, p1
The article reports that a 38-year-old American male was spotted dead in his work vehicle in Rusk County, Texas.
- Obituaries. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);11/02/96, Vol. 313 Issue 7065, p1141
Presents an obituary for Alexander Tulloch McQueen, a former lecturer in anatomy in Dundee University, Scotland.
- In memoriam: Karl Popper. Doherty, Brian // Reason;Dec94, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p7
Presents an obituary for Austrian philosopher of science Karl Popper.
- Karl Popper (1902-1994). Bondi, Hermann // Nature;10/6/1994, Vol. 371 Issue 6497, p478
Presents an obituary of Sir Karl Popper, British philosopher, scientist and writer, who died in September 17, 1994. Popper's academic accomplishments; Contributions to the philosophy of science.
- LIFE AFTER DEB. Webber, Deb // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);10/20/2008, Vol. 60 Issue 41, p118
The article provides an answer to a question concerning the condition of her dead loved one.