- Teach fewer exams and more work skills. Merrick, Neil // People Management;02/08/96, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p8
Reports schools should cooperates with employers so that the students learn the skills and personal qualities needed to become useful members of the workforce. Suggestions of employers to education providers; Economic cost of unemployment to Great Britain; Criticisms on the partnership schemes...
- Career counselling with Choices really helps. Turpin, J.A. // Guidance & Counseling;Sep90, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p33
Examines the value of the interactive program Choices as a career counselling tool. Topics of the Choices program; Results of a survey on the impact of Choices on students; Evaluation of Choices in the light of JoAnn Harris-Bowlsbey's proposals on career planning systems; Evaluation of Choices...
- Elementary STW program. Vandenberg, Victoria // Tech Directions;Feb97, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p12
No abstract available.
- A model reform. Lozada, Marlene // Vocational Education Journal;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 70 Issue 8, p28
Focuses on the concept of career clusters implemented by the schools in the United States to integrate academic and career education of students through particular avenues of study. Vocational education and career preparation of Great Oaks Institute of Technology and Career Development in...
- Career education in Japan: Its current status and condition. Senzaki, Takeshi // Career Development Quarterly;Jun93, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p291
Examines career education in Japan. Social maturity and stability in life; Self-improvement; Vocational self-actualization; Advanced school credit.
- Understanding careers work. Law, Bill // Career Development Quarterly;Jun93, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p297
Discusses theoretical and policy concepts underpinning careers education and guidance in British secondary schools. Matching concepts; Enabling concepts; Coaching concepts; Networking concepts; Educating concepts.
- Effects of career education interventions: A meta-analysis. Baker, Stanley B.; Taylor, John G. // Career Development Quarterly;Jun98, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p376
Presents information on a study on career education interventions. Methods of the study; Analyses; Results and discussion.
- Partnership tooling up to replenish work force. Prizinsky, David // Crain's Cleveland Business;1/13/97, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p3
Focuses on precision-machining technology program that could help fill some skilled metalworking jobs in Cleveland, Ohio-based companies. Partnership between Polaris Career Center and National Tooling and Machining Association; School districts served by the program; Hands-on instruction;...
- Keep hope alive. Sarnoff, Robert // Arts & Activities;Oct94, Vol. 116 Issue 2, p44
Focuses on a program by the New York City's Career Education Center (CEC). Formation of a Conflict Resolution Team; Promotion of theme `Keep Hope Alive in Our Violent and Trouble Times'; Compendium of students' creative efforts; Evergreen concept.
- Real reading: Bridging the gap between school and the workplace for adolescents. Beaudoin, Martha R.; Casale-Daigneault, Rosanne // Journal of Adolescent & Adult Literacy;Apr97, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p540
Presents an approach to prepare students in the light of job market trends which aims to address competencies and attitudes. Time management; Professionalism in the workplace; Employment search.