- President Clinton Announces National School-to-Work Initiative. // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Jan2001, Vol. 76 Issue 1, p8
Reports on United States President Bill Clinton's memorandum calling for the creation of the National Task Force on Preparing Youth for 21st Century College and Careers, which will build upon lessons of the school-to-work initiative. Preparation of the youth for future careers in the...
- Committee calls for better careers education. // Education Journal;12/2/2013, Issue 183, p6
The article states that in a report on its Inquiry into Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance in Northern Ireland, the Northern Ireland Assembly Committee for Employment and Learning has recommended for compulsory career classes, greater input from business, and careers advice.
- GR Bar brings U.S. Constitution to Ottawa Hills. Dewey, Charlsie // Grand Rapids Business Journal;9/30/2013, Vol. 31 Issue 39, p8
The article discusses the 3R's program "Rights, Responsibilities and Realities" introduced by the Grand Rapids Bar Association in the high school curriculum of Michigan aiming at imparting education related to the U.S. Constitution and introducing them to career opportunities in the legal field.
- New careers and enterprise company for schools. // Education Journal;12/19/2014, Issue 220, p10
The article reports the announcement by British Education Secretary Nicky Morgan that a careers and enterprise company for schools in Great Britain has been created in an effort to improve careers education. Topics discussed include the company's focus on British children aged 12 to 18, the plan...
- States Seek High School Pathways Weaving Academic, Career Options. Sawchuk, Stephen // Education Week;4/24/2013, Vol. 32 Issue 29, p1
The article discusses the state of public and private sector cooperation in the U.S. in 2013, and describes work experience programs for students in schools such as Wheeling High School in Illinois and the Jobs for the Future work program. U.S. President Barack Obama and Wheeling principal...
- REINVENTING THE FEDERAL ROLE IN EDUCATION: Supporting the Goal of College and Career Readiness for All Students. // Education Digest;Feb2010, Vol. 75 Issue 6, p34
The article presents a policy brief issued by the educational organization Alliance for Excellent Education which focuses on U.S. government policies to promote college and career preparation in students. The brief suggests that a reauthorization of the U.S. Elementary and Secondary Education...