Fiscally strapped Irvington, N.J., released from supervision of state finance panel
- Responses to "The Right Fight": Federalism Won't Work. Rubin, Edward // Boston Review;Dec2004/Jan2005, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p14
The article comments on the paper "The Right Fight," by Daniel Richman. There is one inter-organizational rivalry that many public officials and academics staunchly defend. This is the rivalry between national and state authorities, generally known as federalism. According to federalist...
- Correction. // Governing;Jan2012, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p6
A correction to the article "Who Controls the Cops?," by Alan Greenblatt that was published in the December 2011 issue is presented, which discusses the incorrect information on Kansas City, Missouri residents' election for the state control of the police.
- Government 'clueless' on Aboriginal issues. Robson, Peter // Green Left Weekly;3/11/2009, Issue 786, p10
The article focuses on the aboriginal issues in the Northern Territory which the Australian government is unaware of.
- The study of public administration in times of global... Baltonado, Andres Perez // Journal of Public Administration Research & Theory;Oct97, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p615
Studies the role of administrative state for the construction of social order and the foundation of theoretical model for the study of the relationship between globalization and public administration. Critical characterization of the foundation of public administration discipline;...
- The many faces of war. Regehr, Ernie // Ploughshares Monitor;Winter2010, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p3
The article offers information on the armed conflict in Africa. It states that the people of Democratic Republic of Congo are looted by fighters and local militaries. It further informs that the armed conflicts can be divided into interstate and intrastate wars. Interstate wars refer to the war...
- Urban Infrastructure Development and Local Self-Government: A Study of Bhubaneswar Municipal Corporation. Dutta, Abhijit // ICFAI Journal of Infrastructure;Dec2008, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p25
The Urban Local Self-government is supposed to provide basic infrastructure to its citizens. To fulfill their requirements, the local self-governments need to provide for infrastructure. In view of the current developments due to the availability of the service of Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban...
- For the unfolding drama in Atlantic City -- a play bill. Levenson, Lloyd D. // Casino Journal;Nov2010, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p24
The article offers the author's insights on the administration of former Governor Brendan Byrne of New Jersey, who developed the casino industry. The author says that Byrne's administration proposed the superagency of state-controlled government agency that supervises decisions in the Atlantic...
- Coercive Foreign Policies. // Independent;Winter2014, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p3
An introduction to the article "Perfecting Tyranny: Foreign Intervention as Experimentation in State Control," by Christopher J. Coyne and Abigail R. Hall in the Fall 2014 issue of the periodical "The Independent Review," is presented.
- NEW JERSEY: Town Under Supervision. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;4/6/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33092, p9
The article reports that the New Jersey Local Finance Board voted to place the town of West New York under state supervision. It states that having the state oversight will allow West New York to boost property taxes beyond New Jersey's 49% tax levy to meet expenses. It adds that town officials...