Chicago budget plan calls for $200 million of new debt, but no new taxes
- Changes in education built on strange alliances, new attitudes. Laborde, Errol // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);09/28/98, Vol. 19 Issue 13, p15
Comments on New Orleans, Louisiana Mayor Marc Morial's educational restructuring plans for the city. Chicago, Illinois Mayor Richard Daley's bid to take over public education in the city; Morial's study of school restructuring experiments; Reform actions' impact on school boards.
- Chicago City Council OKs Tougher Ordinance To Penalize Front Minority Companies. // Jet;08/07/2000, Vol. 98 Issue 9, p38
Addresses the decision by Chicago, Illinois Mayor Richard M. Daley to impose strict penalties on contractors who fail to meet the Chicago City Council's goal for subcontracting to minority- and women-owned businesses.
- Chicago Invests in CITIZENS. // Parks & Recreation;Jan2002, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p40
Presents the text of a speech given by Chicago, Illinois mayor Richard M. Daley on July 31, 2001 at the 'Great Parks and Great Cities' Conference which deals with cultural and recreational opportunities in Chicago.
- Daley's unintended plan to boost affirmative action. Walker, Lee H. // Crain's Chicago Business;12/08/97, Vol. 20 Issue 49, p11
Opinion. Focuses on the efforts of Mayor Richard M. Daley, to boost affirmative action in Chicago, Illinois. Examination of the system for obtaining city contracts; Reference to ethics and contracting rules initiated by Daley.
- Suburbs blur Daley's vision. Richardson, Patricia // Crain's Chicago Business;7/30/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p4
Reports the expansion plan on O'Hare International Airport by Mayor Richard M. Daley in Chicago, Illinois. Disagreement of residents on the plan; Comments of brokers and developers on the Mayor's plan; Creation of western airport entrance.
- Chicago's Daley visits Beardsley & Piper. // Foundry Management & Technology;Dec93, Vol. 121 Issue 12, p19
Reports on the visit of Chicago, Illinois Mayor Richard Daley to the Beardsley & Piper's (B&P) manufacturing plant to endorse the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). Daley's stand on the NAFTA issue; Comments from B&P officials.
- Daley's broken covenant with Chicago business. // Crain's Chicago Business;03/30/98, Vol. 21 Issue 13, p14
Opinion. Focuses on the development of commerical and residential buildings in Chicago in relation to a mandate proposed by Richard Daley, the Mayor of the city. Insight on the requirements of the mandate; Amount which the former Chicago Dock & Canal Trust land was purchased for.
- Two sides of Daley's ethics dilemma. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;12/07/98, Vol. 21 Issue 49, p4
No abstract available.
- The unfairness of being `fair.' Page, Clarence // Indianapolis Business Journal;4/17/95, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p7B
Opinion. Comments on Chicago, Illinois Mayor Richard M. Daley's decision to promote 13 sergeants on the basis of previous job performance. Reflections on the reason for Daley's decision; Author's opinion on discrimination and affirmative action programs.