Houston utility bids for Philadelphia market; would securitize Peco's costs
- California power agency forms a strategic alliance with Enron. // Modern Power Systems;Feb97, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p3
Discloses the establishment of an alliance between Northern California Power Agency (NCPA) and Enron. Terms of agreement.
- Enron debacle shouldn't zap utility deregulation. Crain, Rance; Reed, Robert; Blake, David; Crown, Judith // Crain's Chicago Business;12/10/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 50, p10
Focuses on the bankruptcy of electric power trader Enron Corp. in Chicago, Illinois. Inefficiency of the regulated approach; Ignorance of danger signs of investment; Increase prices of electric markets.
- Work resumes on Dabhol project. // Modern Power Systems;Jan97, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p3
Reports on Enron's resumption of work on the Dabhol power project in the Indian state of Maharashtra. Delay in the construction of the power plant due to a petition filed by the Centre of Indian Trade Unions to stop the project.
- Out go the lights? With Enron's plug pulled, operators feel shock waves. Ruggless, Ron // Nation's Restaurant News;1/7/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p4
Reports the impact of Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing of energy provider Enron Corp. on foodservice operators in the United States. Rate of restaurants sales spend on utility expenses; Increase in electricity prices in June 2001; Presence of energy deregulation in different states of the region.
- Dabhol power project back from the dead. // Modern Power Systems;Feb96, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p7
Reports on the revival of the Dabhol power project which was earlier cancelled by the Maharashtra state government. Negotiations with power developer Enron; State-run electricity board's agreement to buy 90 percent of the power generated by the plant.
- Enron subsidiaries win bid to export power from Argentina to Brazil. // Modern Power Systems;Nov97, Vol. 17 Issue 11, p5
Reports that American firm Enron Corp. has won a deal to export 1,000 megawatts of electricity from Argentina to Brazil.
- Barriers to progress. Hirsh, Michael; Mazumdar, Sudip // Bulletin with Newsweek;8/1/95, Vol. 116 Issue 5981, p66
Highlights the problems facing Enron Corp. concerning its investments on an electric power plant in Maharashtra state, India. Stage government's decision to renege on the deal; Hindu nationalist alliance's creation of an election issue out of the project; Impact on Indian's campaign to...
- Enron finds Dabhol door still open. // Modern Power Systems;Oct95, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p7
Reports on the plans of the Maharashtra state government in India to enter talks with Houston, Texas-based Enron Corp. to salvage the contract for a power plant south of Bombay.
- Solar cells come of age; Enron plans power plant. // Caribbean Business;11/24/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 47, p54
Reports on the plan of natural gas company Enron Corp. to build an electric-power-generating facility employing solar or photovoltaic cells. Production capability; Projected electric cost.